Chapter 15

Jordan's POV:

   The party was just as I imagined it would be. Loud music, people yelling over the music, the smell of sweat, vomit and booze and hormonal teenagers dancing and grinding against each other. It was just past nine and everywhere was already trashed but I couldn't be bothered about that cause I was so not going to pitch  in to help with the clean up.A fair amount of people showed up to the party from our school while the larger amount of crowd came from other nearby schools.

    I was about to take a gulp from my beer when Jaime yelled over the music, "Feel free to get shit-faced, my friend but let me remind you, Jace is not here to babysit your stupid ass and you must be drunk already if you think I would give a shit about whatever you do tonight." He took a sip from his own drink and smiled innocently at me. I scowled at him and muttered, "Piece of shit." I dropped my bottle and folded my arms.

   Although it might not seem like it, I'm really lightheaded when it comes to alcohol. Two bottles and I'm officially wasted. Four bottles and I could slap a cop. Six bottles and I could probably have sex with the entire cheerleading squad so whenever there's a party and I wanna get drunk, Jace is always there to look after me so I don't do anything stupid and I know it kinda makes me a bad friend to always burden Jace like that instead of letting him have his own fun but I just can't help it, I love getting shit-faced but tonight though, I had to promise Jace I would try my best to stay sober so he could have fun at the school dance without imagining me adopting a chinese daughter or something.

   "This party is shit."

  Jaime chuckled, "Yeah, for you, it is." He took another swing from his bottle and looked behind me before his eyes brightened and then he yelled, "Hey, girls." He walked past me and I turned to see who he was talking to. Pearl and her friend, Ruby stood smiling and talking to  Jaime. I know Ruby from my maths class and she's really smart, incredibly smart.

   Jaime reached for Ruby and placed his arm around her shoulder and she immediately slapped it away. I smirked at that,   I like her already.

   Jaime scowled for a second, then said something to the both of them before dragging Ruby away. Although she protested at first, her body language seemed to show no resistance and I'm really not surprised cause I know Jaime to be a ladies' man whenever he and Billy are "broken up."

   Speaking of which, I'm surprised they are not back together already. This is the longest they've been apart and I hope it stays that way cause I honestly can't stand that girl, she always has a way to always piss me the fuck off.

   Speaking of girls who piss me off, I turn my attention back to Pearl and see her standing and looking around awkwardly till her eyes meet mine and for a split second, if I didn't know better,  I'd say I saw a look of relief flash across her face but it was gone as fast as it had come.

   She walked over to me, "Hey." She yelled over the loud music.

  I shot her a puzzled look, wondering why the hell she was talking to me. "Hi?"

  She rolled her eyes, "Trust me, I'd rather be somewhere else but I really don't know anyone here and I already got ditched by the ones I know so you are kinda the only option I have right now."

   "Thanks?"

  "You're welcome." She answered brightly.

  "You do know I was being sarcastic, right?"

  "Yup. So, what's up?"

  "So we're seriously gonna act like we're friends?"

   "Yes, we are. Now this is the part where you say I look nice." She said, eagerly waiting for me to compliment her. I moved my eyes to what she was wearing and she actually did look nice. She had on a baggy yellow sweater and black thigh high boots and she braided her hair in two to the back. She also had on a silver necklace. All in all, she looked incredible but I'm never gonna say that out loud.