Don't You Wanna Stay

"OH MY GOD DIPPER WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS!?" Mabel's screech could be heard all over the shack and before long the living room was occupied by Ford, Stan, Wendy, Soos, Mabel, Dipper, and Bill.

Bill was standing awkwardly by the door. The stack of books still in his arms while Mabel inspected her brother. Besides the bruise on his arm and the scratch on his cheek he was fine and she released him with a sigh.

Bill was a different story. The cut on his forehead was still dripping blood.

"Oh man." Wendy hissed. "That looks like it hurts."

Bill touched it gingerly with a hand and it came away bloody. "Huh." He said setting the books on the table near him. Mabel zipped around the corner and came back with a first aid kit.

"Sit please." She said indicating the spot on the couch next to Dipper.

"Star really there's no need to- "

"Dipper make your big bad Alpha sit down." Mabel begged.

Dipper opened and closed his mouth like a fish. This continued for a few moments before he cleared it and spoke. "Bill if you don't mind."

Bill did sit and Mabel made quick work of the cut cleaning and putting a bandage over it.

"So, what happened?" She asked as she worked.

Dipper opened his mouth to answer. He glanced at Bill who shrugged his shoulders.

"I was attacked by an Alpha." He admitted somberly.

"WHAT!?" Stan roared. "WHO THE HELL ARE THEY!? I'LL FIND THEM AND HANG UP BY THEIR ORGANS SO HELP ME- "

"Grunkle Stan relax!" Dipper exclaimed holding up his hands. "Bill stepped in before anything bad happened."

Stan paused his rant to eye Bill up and down. Bill was patched up with a band aid and smiled sheepishly at the old man's scrutiny. "You saved my great nephew?" He asked.

Bill squared his shoulders and nodded. "I did."

Stan grumbled something under his breath and scoffed. "Well thank you I suppose." He crossed his arms and slunk back into his chair.

"You're welcome I guess?" Bill looked at Dipper for guidance through his bipolar family but the omega's face was impassive.

"I knew something like this would happen." Ford spoke for the first time. "It was only a matter of time before someone tried to take advantage of you."

Dipper shuddered at the memory. "So, what do we do?"

"What can we do?" Wendy asked. "We can't follow him around everywhere he goes and despite how awesome it sounds to throw down with another Alpha it would get old after a while."

Dipper looked at his feet and bit his lip. He was the cause of all this trouble.

"Maybe he could stay inside the Shack more?" Soos suggested. "You know out of sight."

"We can't lock him inside forever Soos." Stan argued. "He's 18 it's not fair."

"Maybe you guys can scent him." Mabel said. "They talked about that in the meeting. How Alpha's can scent Omega's so other Alpha's know to back off."

"That would be a brilliant plan kiddo." Ford smiled. "But things like that only happen between parent and child. When the parent marks the child as their own and between mates. It's kind of a sign of ownership. They're saying this omega is mine so you better stay away. It's a message to other Alphas. If me or Stan were to do it, it would allow the Alphas to scent that he had caregivers. Not enough to protect him."