C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

I APPROACHED MY room with a new found confidence. My feet bounced energetically, my hair swayed from side to side around my slender shoulders, and a wide grin split my face.

The past week has been stressful to say the least. Sie roughly trained us to better sharpen our combat skills and I couldn't count how many times my butt had landed on the ground in defeat. Most times I went to my room sporting a forlorn look. In fact, all the time.

But no, not today. I had just learnt we would pick our special weapon of choice tomorrow and the excitement buzzed within me like electricity although I still hadn't decided which to use.

I stepped into my room and made my way over to the mirror admiring my right eye for the umpteenth time this week. The memory and power unlock was successful. I had both my memories and a heightened control over my abilities now and I couldn't be happier.

Mother was the best person in my life.

A slender girl with curvy hips and firmer breasts stared back at me. Her golden locks were captured in a high bun and reached her mid back. Her face was rounded due to the healthy food she had been consuming and her cheeks were rosy. Her facial features were striking; high cheek bones, feline eyes and a very slanted elf ear. Her right eye was a shocking gold with a zing of silver in the middle. Like lightning. The other eye was a dull honey brown colour.

That girl is me.

I had asked Kadja what she thought about my eye. She released a gasp and fear shook her form. She shook her head a while after, telling me she had no idea of it. I never asked her again.

Mother however waved it off as soon as I asked her about it saying it was normal and nothing could shake the trust I had in her.

Yasmin flew into the room through the little hole we drilled in the door for her. She was dressed in a pale blue top and matching jeans.

I really have to know where Fairies get clothing from.

"The queen awaits your presence in the throne room" she said moving behind me to pat my hair in place. She seemed cold these days; like she was pissed about something but couldn't quite bring herself to tell me.

"Sure" I replied before making my way towards the room door.

When I opened it, a burst of wood pine scent hit me and I smiled warmly at him.

The man who captured my heart.

"My queen, shall I escort you?" He asked humbly and I gave him my dainty hand. There were no sparks nor tingles.

I'd been hoping, no praying that I should be able to feel something remotely romantic for him but all to no avail. I wouldn't dare break his heart by saying this.

Yasmin huffed before looking away and flying ahead of us.

He led me to the throne room regally dressed in a royal blue robe and black shorts. His chin was clean shaven and his hair was brushed back neatly.

A bit too neat might I add.

As we got to the throne room, I left him at the door and went to sit beside mother. Spine straight, chin up, shoulders high. Like the Queen I was meant to be.

Kellyn was sat on the other side looking ahead as if she was in a trance. As I passed her, she winked at me and smirked in the direction of Elvi. This girl was as mischievous as ever!

"Yesterday, there was an attack on the outskirts of Fae." Mother got down to business immediately. She wasn't one waddle away time. "So close to us, too close. We have to speed up your training process and secure the palace with well-trained guards so from now you two will be staying on the highest floor which is the safest-"