C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-O N E

WHY?

Sweat poured from my face and my body shook with fear. No, terror.

Beware! That sinister glorious thing had warned in my dream. It had no face. Just a warm zing of lightening dancing in the middle of the room. My room.

It was a dream, but it felt so real. Hell! My room felt warm like it had been really here. But that couldn't be possible...right?

I will come at the right time. Trust no one and tell nobody of this. I will come, and when I do, I will destroy all darkness. It said

I had a very strong feeling that thing was a part of me. If my right eye wasn't enough proof already, I don't know what will be. It's shape was exactly  the shape of the zing in my right eye and that terrified me even more. I'm...a monster?

"I know the answers you seek but I cannot tell you anything. The queen made me swear an oath to tell no one of what I saw that day. She would kill me if i speak of it since fairies' memories cannot be altered" Yasmin said behind me, her tiny wings fluttering and her voice solemn.

"Mother? Why would she do that. I'm sure it's nothing big, she'll tell me eventually" I shrugged however the look Yas gave me made me re-think my statement.

"Why do you hate the king of Alxae?" She suddenly asked. My mood went sour immediately.

"Don't be so bothered about that beast. I hate him because-" I stopped short, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. I have known Corey since I was but a child, yes but I didn't remember a thing about him. Not one instance that we fought or argued. My head felt...empty.

"Because?" Yas nudged.

"I-I can't remember. Why? Tell me Yas" Tears glistened in my eyes. Everything was wrong in these realms. I felt betrayed and used.

"You should take a stroll. It's the early hours of the morning and I doubt anyone is up. Just clear your head a little okay?" She suggested looking away sadly. She didn't want to die.

"But my head is already empty" I wanted to argue but I didn't. Instead, I stood up and walked away.

The silky robe I wore slipped from my shoulders, exposing my creamy skin. The cold desperately attacked me and I shivered. I shouldn't be able to feel cold but the sun wasn't out yet. My power grew with the sun and receded in the night. Not completely, but not as heightened.

My robe slipped again and I groaned, reaching for it before cold's greedy claws could seep into my pores. A warm hand came from behind and a blue cloak fell on my shoulders.

"Don't expose yourself to cold princess. We don't want you getting ill" he said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

Why did I feel so much anger anytime I saw him? Was someone perhaps controlling my emotions?

The anger and hatred was so thick and suffocating, the more I tried to hold it in, the more it blossomed and grew.

"Your knight in shining armor is always here for you foolish human" he chuckled this time and my attention drew to his exposed toned chest.

"More like kidnapper in a black hoodie" I retorted. I was about to stick out my tongue at him when I took in the surprised look he had in his face before stopping.

Kidnapper in what?

"What did you just say now? You remember?" Corey came closer to me, joy danced in his green eyes. For the first time, his eyes didn't look so dead. They looked alive, hopeful.

"I don't know why I said that. Perhaps from a movie I watched back on earth" I waved it off. That had to be the reason.

His fist punched the wall beside me and looked at his eyes. They flashed crimson red and short fangs peeked shyly from under his lips. I should be scared but for some reason, I'm not.