Chapter 8

"Confession heals, confession justifies, confession grants pardon of sin, all hope consists in confession; in confession there is a chance for mercy" - Isidore of Seville

Mia Miller's POV

Today I decided to tell him everything. I know that he already knows everything, that he is just pretending as if not. It started with our hotel receptionist in Detroit but then I can't blame her. If there is someone who is liable to this that is no one but me. I created this mess I need to finish this now.

It also reaches me that he is making his research on his own.

"Miss Miller"

"Hello Mr. John."

"Ms. Miller your husband is fishing for some information about you."

I am a little embarrassed to Mr. John. I do not ask what other things he wants to know.

"Mr. John thank you for informing me this. Send him everything no concealment, unsanitized."

"Right away Ms. Miller."

"Thank you Mr. John."

I instruct him. I go to my office's mini bar and gulp a goblet of wine. He is starting to suspect me now. I know that I cannot hide this forever.

~
"Ma'ammmmmm your husband talked to me!" Anna tells me clenching her thighs. Her eyes are twinkling. I laugh at her.

I am sitting on my swivel chair reading papers, she is standing in front of me.

"What did he tell you?" I reply to her not looking at her focusing my eyes on what I'm reading.

"He asks how are you as a co-worker." She says blinking her eyes. This woman is crazy.

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him that you are the best COO in the world!" She exclaims.

SHOOT!

This day ends with a lot of readings. Exhausting! I drive and go directly to our room. I found my husband sitting on a couch. He greets me and massage my feet. I open my eyes I'm not aware that I took a nap. I wake up on our bed. Once I woke up I go to our walk in closet and change. I know that he walks after me. He is hiding behind the door. I intend not to hide my gun when I'm removing it from my thighs. Why would I hide this? I will tell him everything tomorrow.
~

Last night he kissed me hard on my lips and that was so dang painful. He never kisses me like that. I was not able to control my tears from dripping down my eyes. I thought I was going to faint when I saw that my lower lip was bleeding. That kiss had a meaning though he felt very sorry on what happened and it seemed that he was also shocked I can saw it on his face. It hurts me so much. We were supposed to make love but then I decided to change for my wardrobe and sleep in his arms. I did not speak even a single word to him. I was hurt so much. I was in pain.

~
I will tell him now everything before we fly to San Francisco. We will catch our flight tonight I will bring him today to my mansion and show him his real wife.

When I wake up, I am no longer in his arms. He is cooking in the kitchen maybe. I'm not yet standing on my feet then here is Paul Williams calling.

"Hello?" He says on the other line. I know that something happens. This is not his introduction when he's calling me. It is either "Hey Miller!" or "Miller!"

"Hey Paul what's up! What's with an early call?" I respond without a trace of anything.

"Miller, Luke will kill me!" He says nervously.