Chapter 3

JASON POV

In the next morning, the news shows the third winner of the golden ticket, Violet Beauregarde from Atlanta, Georgia.

"These are just some of the 263 trophies and medals my Violet has won.", Ms. Beauregarde said.

"I'm a gum chewer, mostly, but when I heard these ticket things, I laid off the gum, switched to candy bars.", Violet said.

"She's just a driven young woman, I don't know where she gets it.", Ms. Beauregarde said, then Violet looked at her Gum Chewing trophy.

"I'm the Junior Champion Gum Chewer. This piece of gum I'm chewing right at this moment, I've been working for three months solid. That's a record.", she said.

"Of course, I did have my share of trophies. Mostly baton.", Ms. Beauregarde said as she shows her baton trophy.

"So it says that one kid's going to get this special prize, better than all the rest. I don't care who those other 5 are. That kid— it's gonna be me.", she said.

"Tell them why, Violet.", Ms. Beauregarde said, "Because I'm a winner.", she declared.

"Jesus, that mother gonna kill her daughter if she does anything dangerous from those competitions", my dad said.

"Relax, sweetheart, she'll learn her lesson when she realize she's not just a prize to be won.", my mom said.

A/N: 220 words, I know it's short, but I'm doing Mike Teavee next.