kisses.

"When you fall in love, the natural thing to do is give yourself to it. That's what I think. It's just a form of sincerity."
Haruki Murakami

Again, Mei and Akaashi found themselves in each other's company, as if it had become the most natural thing in the world to them.

However, it was quiet. Surprisingly.

For the most part, Akaashi had become aware that time spent with Mei meant surrendering the silence he found comfort in. But there wasn't any dumb joke for her to crack today, which for once, bothered the boy.

His leg bounced at an uncomfortably fast pace, and he had begun to feel like a child that couldn't sit still, which only made the realization that Mei was keeping quiet even worse in his head.

"Akaashi, are you sure you're okay?" She asked suddenly, reaching out to rest a hand against his thigh and effectively making his bouncing leg stop in its tracks.

"I'm alright."

"Do you need me to read the email once you get it?"

"No, I'll read it."

"Okay, well, let me know if you need anything before you blow a fuse." Mei joked, kicking her legs onto Akaashi's bed before folding them underneath her in a criss-cross.

Akaashi remained silent, letting his eyes wander to the small window beside his bed as he felt his leg return to bouncing.

"Akaashi! Chill!" Mei interrupted his thoughts, loudly, accompanied with a hop off of his small bed and instead resting her hands on either side of him in his desk chair.

"I am chill."

"This is so funny. I've never seen you so freaked out before." Mei smiled, leaning the weight of her upper body onto the arm rests at Akaashi's sides. "Let's do something to get your mind off it."

"Like what?" He choked out, shutting his eyes tight at the embarrassment and refusing to open them even as he felt the short huffs of Mei's amusement hit his forehead.

"Hmm, we can watch a movie. I'll even let you pick out one of those boring classic films that you probably like."

Akaashi opened his eyes and watched as Mei pushed herself away from his chair, plopping back onto his bed and shooting him a quick smile.

"We can watch a movie." He responded after clearing his throat, lifting himself from his desk chair and moving to stand in front of Mei, who still sat on his bed and looked up at him.

"Great!" She cheered, standing abruptly and narrowly missing Akaashi's stomach with the top of her head. "So, what movie? Let me guess... Dead Poet's Society?"

"That is a good movie... but you choose."

"Really?" She spoke excitedly, twirling on her way out of Akaashi's room, smiling as she saw him follow close behind her. "Hmm, why not Shrek? Have you seen the first one? Because if you have, then we should watch the second. It's better."

"Shrek? A children's movie?" Akaashi asked with a wary expression, it quickly softening into a smile as he watched her widen her eyes up at him.