15 - New Opportunities

Claire and Ziggy staggered hand in hand to his condo. They were a little tipsy from the launch party of Ziggy's newest album, "Lovestruck".

"Babe!" Claire whisper-shouted at Ziggy. He started to kiss her neck while she attempt to open the door.

The door beeped and Ziggy pulled Claire inside. He closed the door and pushed her up against it. "I've been waiting all night for this. You're so sexy in that dress" he whispered to her.

"Babe, wait" Claire pushed him away gently. "I need to go to the bathroom real quick" she kissed him and sprinted to the restroom.

Ziggy just shook his head. He picked up her handbag and set it on the table. He saw her phone lit up.

"Have you decided yet?" he read. It was from Kristen.

He let curiosity get the best of him and took her phone. He unlocked it and backread the messages exchanged between the two. Ziggy saw that Kristen have asked Claire about having a show abroad since December. It's March now. He felt a bit relieved to read that Claire seems to be still undecided and guilty because he knows it's because of him. He felt a little angry, not because Claire kept this from him for so long but because she seems to be passing a great opportunity to his expense.

"Now where were we?" Claire asked hugging him from the back. "I know I congratulated you already but I want to give you a private one" she whispered to him, her hand traveling to his chest down to his crotch. Ziggy stopped her. "What?" she asked, concerned.

"Look, I didn't mean to snoop but I saw Kristen's message to you" Ziggy started. "Sorry, but I backread your conversation" he admitted.

"About the offer in San Diego?" she took her hands away. Ziggy turned to face her.

"Why didn't you tell me? She has been asking you since December" Ziggy asked, his annoyance surfacing.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to bother you" Claire answered taking both of his hands in hers. "I know you're busy with recording and I don't want you to think of anything else. Besides, I'm still undecided. I am not sure if I could do it. It's a huge one" she admitted.

"Are you kidding me?" Ziggy asked in disbelief. He put his hands on her shoulders and looked intently in her eyes. "You have had successful art shows here. Your sales are impressive. You have been featured in a lot of art media outlets. You were commissioned by big brands. You have painted masterpieces."

"You want me to go?" Claire asked, her eyes full of unshed tear both from Ziggy's belief in her and the thought that Ziggy wants him to go. "You want me to leave you?" Ziggy smiled, bittersweet. Claire's tears started to fall down.

Ziggy wiped the tears that started escaping her eyes. "Claire, all you do is support me in everything I do. I also want to do that for you. I don't want you passing up opportunities this big just because you're worried about me" he said to her.

"But, Ziggy—" Claire protested. Ziggy put a finger on her lips.

"I know that if something like this comes my way, I know you'll tell me to go and grab it. I know you want to go. It's your dream, isn't it?" he asked.

"Yes. It's Baumgartner Gallery. But..." she trailed off.

"No buts" Ziggy told her. "Call Kristen, tell her you'll do it."

"I'm sure it will just be a few weeks then I'll be back here with you..." Claire rambled.

"Claire, we'll be just fine. Trust me" he assured her.

"I love you so much, Ziggy" Claire hugged him tightly.

"I love you too" Ziggy kissed her head.