Ch 4: Coffee

*Virgil's POV*

I lean up against the counter looking out of the Coffee Time's window out to the dark sky and the streetlights, with the occasional car light going by. It's normally slow when I work, normally we get the nightshift works and the occasional college kid trying their best to stay awake and alive.

It's always Kole and I working nights at this coffee shop, but that's ok because they're pretty cool to hang out with. Since the shop is always slow during our shifts we always make ourselves coffees to keep us also awake and alive.

Kole makes themselves an ice mocha latte with whipped cream and mocha drizzle, while I just have basic ice coffee. We tend to just stand around and talk about everything until someone comes in.

Speaking of the bell rings and Bianca walks in, she's one of our nightshift nurses who drops by on the way to work. She's one of the sweetest people you will ever meet.

"Hi Sweeties, I'll have my usual large black coffee to go please." She says in the sweetest voice and heads over to the small counter with all the creams, sugars, and other things on it. She grabs her sweeteners while I go and make her usual, which is one of the easiest coffees to make since there is nothing added to it she always does it herself.

I cap it off and give it to her as I ring her up. She gives me the money and adds all her things to it.

"Thank you, Sweetheart! Have a good night!" She waves leaving the shop with the bell signaling the door. 

As Bianca leaves Kole comes and leans against the counter, sipping their mocha latte. "So how's the new roommates?" they ask.

"Eh, haven't really talked with them. The only one I talked to was the owner, Patton I believe his name was, he seemed nice," I shrugged but then my eyes lit up when he started talking about last night, "Oh! My first night since I was later than the rest, he left a plate of food out for me, a-and then showed me where my room was!"

"Wow he shows amazing, better than the shitheads you were with before," Kole says taking another sip of their mocha latte.

"Yeah," I say uncomfortable rubbing my arm looking towards the ground. Kole then nudges me and smiles, "Hey don't get down over them. They couldn't accept you for who you were and treat you like a decent human being. I swear if I ever see them I'll beat the shit out of them." They say making a fist.

I smile up at them, "Thanks Kole but can we change the subject now?" 

"Of course, kiddo." They say and we continue to talk about another subject. We just talk most of the night with a couple of customers coming in every once in a while. Soon enough my shift was over. I said goodbye to Kole and started to walk home. 

After a 30-minute walk home I finally get there. I walk through the door to (as expected) a dark, quiet empty house and a plate on the kitchen counter with a sticky note on it.

It says: "Here's dinner kiddo! Hope you enjoy it!"  and a little smiling face at the bottom.

"Heh, thanks Pat." I whisper to myself. I take the plate and my things and head to my room. To eat and then go to bed. 

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi guys!! Look I'm alive and I'm SO sorry for not updating! I try I really do I'm just busy with school work and I've also been unmotivated but I swear I'll try my best to get the next chapter done!