Celosia

Meaning: silliness, humor, warmth

Dick crashed on the floor of the apartment, not caring enough to watch his head and ended up bumping it against the hard oak floor. He winced at the pain but still didn't feel like getting up.

He's very tired. He was up all night on patrol and he couldn't get even an hour of sleep before Bruce called for him to attend a meeting at Waynetech. He's so drained he barely managed to drag himself here before passing out.

HIs eyes were getting heavy. Maybe a small nap wouldn't hurt. He managed to notice the vase of celosias on the kitchen table before he nodded off.

He woke to someone shaking him. Excessively. Roughly. "Dick! Wake up!"

"Wha- What's wrong? What happened?" His eyes opened to a distressed Zatanna hovering over him.

"Were you attacked?"

"No."

"Are you hurt?"

"No."

"Then why are you laid out on my floor?"

"I was tired," he shrugged. She just stared at him a while, her face one of disbelief. "You know you do have your own apartment, right?"

"Everyone bothers me there. No one is going to bother me here."

Zatanna sighed and stood up from off of her knees. She walked away from his line of sight. "Where are you going?"

"To get you some milk. Do you want to transfer to the bed or stay on the floor?"

"I'm fine right here."