Chapter 1

( A/N: This chapter has many changes in them than before. I'd say it's better than the old one. Also special thanks to A_Genderqueer_Idiot for being my beta reader for this story! Make sure to give him some love or else I'll commit murder. But anyway- Let's get right into the story! )

Chapter 1: Enter Midoriya Izuku!

Four years old.

That's how old Izuku was when his dreams of being like All Might were crushed. Isn't the world such a lovely place? Crushing a child's dream in just mere seconds. Izuku felt his whole world collapse when hearing those words.

"Sorry kid, but you're quirkless."

Izuku lived in an orphanage after learning that his mother died when giving birth while his father was somewhere in the world. He learned how to do almost everything by himself once his fellow 'friends' found out he was quirkless.

He wasn't very surprised that they left him due to him being quirkless. In an society that is filled to the brim with people having superpowers called quirks, Izuku knew that this will happen eventually.

He just didn't know it would happen at such an early age.

The people who worked in the orphanage rarely cared for him as he was pushed aside. Most of the kids already got their quirks but if a kid were to get a 'heroic' quirk, they would be treated like royalty. Praised each second after doing a good deed or even just breathing is enough for people to praise them.

Quirks were everything, they decide what path you take.

A 'heroic' quirk means that you're destined to become a hero.

A 'villainous' quirk means you're destined to become a villain.

Izuku thought it was stupid in having a quirk decide which path you take. If he was being honest, Izuku ran the thin line in becoming a hero or a villain. He dreamt of becoming a hero but each day of the bullying made him rethink his choice.

But that quickly changed when he became friends with a boy his age.

The boy had messy lavender hair that stuck upward. He had eye bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep. Along with that, he usually wears an 'I don't care so fuck off' kind of look.

When Hitoshi was first introduced to the kids from the orphanage, he would either nod or shake his head from the questions that the kids spoke. From the outside, it looked like Hitoshi was not a talker and had a calm facade. But from the inside, he showed fear and was panicking with how the kids want to know more about him.

It didn't take long for the other kids to find out his quirk though. They called him names and made sure to be as far as possible from him. The kids' whispers could be heard as they have stopped talking to the lavender haired boy. Afraid that he may use his quirk on them.

But that soon changed when Izuku decided that he wanted to become friends with him. Though it did take a while with how Hitoshi would try to gently push him away. It was almost like he was afraid he'd scare him.

Eventually, Hitoshi gave in after seeing how persistent Izuku is in becoming his friend —not like he minds though— but it did scare him a bit when Izuku would start muttering a storm. When that first happened, Hitoshi was worried if Izuku was breathing or not with him muttering at an inhuman speed.

But besides that, they've grown attached as they would talk about anything. From heroes to parts of their lives.

Hitoshi was the only kid that didn't know that Izuku was quirkless. He thought that he had an analysis quirk with how well he can dissect each of the kids' quirks in just minutes. Though Izuku is trying to turn that into seconds.