2- Dowoon

I left Sungjin and Kyung-mi almost immediately after he parked his car, I couldn't stand the awkward tension anymore and I'm excited to meet up with Dowoon in class today. I quickly took out my things in my locker and speed walked to my class. I sat down in my seat next to the window(cuz we love anime cliches)and glanced at the door time to time to see if Dowoon would come in.

After about five minutes he had finally came in with a smile on his face, "Hi, Wonpil!" He said as he sat down at the desk next to mine.

"Hello, Woonie! How are you?" I asked politely, I don't really know what else to say, I've known him since middle school yet we still have this small awkward tension sometimes.

"I'm doing fine, where's Sungjin, he's usually with you until five before home room." Dowoon asked while looking around to see if had missed Sungjin anywhere.

I gave a small chuckle and shook my head, Dowoon knew of my crush towards Sungjin and always checked up on my "progress" to confessing. "I actually told him about my feelings yesterday but...he told me he had a girlfriend right after rejecting me. We even drove to school with her, she was so pretty!"

Dowoon looked sad for only second before his face brightened up, I knew what that meant. Whenever he looks like that it almost always meant he had an idea. "I know!" He snapped his fingers, "We should pretend to be a couple! Maybe then he would realize what he's missing out on."

It wasn't a bad idea, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like it. "But if I become your boyfriend right after confessing to him, wouldn't that be kinda messed up?" and besides that, this isn't like some cliche romance manhwa, of course I kept that thought to myself.

"Nah, I doubt he would even think about something like that. Besides, as long as you both end up together in the end does it really matter?"

"It kinda does—I mean—he's already in a relationship and I don't wanna ruin his chances of getting married and having children." I have to remember that I can't think about only myself, Sungjin has a beautiful girlfriend that he could marry and she could even give him kids, I can't give him any of that. Especially kids, that's not possible at all.

Dowoon gave me a pout and crossed his arms, "Okay then, how about you just give him some space and spend time with me, we won't have to be dating but it would give him the impression that your moving on and not giving him any of the attention you used to."

"That sounds much better, we haven't hung out alone together in a while." Also it would give him some alone time with his girlfriend, "But our Dopil only time will have to start tomorrow, I want to get to know Sungjin's girlfriend and be supportive."

Dowoon looked at me weirdly and face palmed, "Doesn't that destroy the point entirely? I guess tomorrow is fine, I need to talk about it with Younghyun anyway." He leaned back in his chair and sighed through his nose.
(idk what people mean by that but I see that phrase written sometimes so ima do it too, I'm assuming it's deeply exhaling??)

I honestly forgotten that Dowoon and Younghyun are childhood friends just like Sungjin and I. I feel terrible for taking his time away from Younghyun like that and for something selfish too, what would Dowoon and I gain from this if it doesn't work out? A deeper bond? Reliable friendship? But we're already pretty close, we even use each other's clothing since we're around the same height. There's really no friendship as close as this. More time together wouldn't hurt though I guess.

After a few classes went by lunch came quickly and I was happy to have the chance to speak with
Kyung-mi, properly this time. Now that I know how to communicate with her it shouldn't be a problem! So I took out a spare notebook I usually used for drawing when I'm bored and left the classroom with Dowoon since our friends go to the same class. Apparently Kyung-mi also shared this class with Sungjin so we chatted inside the room.