4- Ignoring Him

No one told me high school was this hard
Only three weeks in and I already wanna quit and it's fudging Ninth grade can only imagine seniors
Already had like five tests and getting three more next week
Three projects too
Also wtf
Why is there freaking written tests in my P.E class
Btw unless told otherwise most chapters would start with Wonpil's pov

"So...whose That ya got there?" Dowoon asked Younghyun-Hyung who came in our classroom with someone I've never seen before. He has blond hair and glasses, which is nothing out of the rosemary, but he's just a little different in someway, just can't place it.

"I'm Jaehyung, friends call me Jae."

Ah, a foreigner, that's what is different.

This guy spoke in English, I'm not sure if that came out because he was used to the language or because he can't speak Korean at all. I mean, I can assume he would know basic greetings but I guess it depends on when he came here.

Younghyun-Hyung sighs, "This is Jaehyung, call him Jae. He came from America a year ago and is currently learning Korean, he knows the language but has a habit of speaking English 'cuz, ya'know...America." He sounds awkward, oh well, poor Hyung. He's pretty lucky, he can understand Jaehyung-Hyung with no problem, maybe I should learn English too.

So, Youngdopil hang out time will have room for one other, Youngjaedopil. What a mouthful.

Dowoon and Younghyun Hyung were the ones talking mostly throughout lunch, Jaehyung Hyung and I ate our lunches in peace while listening to whatever chaos the other two are talking about. It wasn't until the almighty dating duo walked in that things got spicy, however.

"Younghyun, the teacher wanted me to give this to you after lunch, but u though you'd want to see it now." I saw Sungjin glance at me for just a split second before staring down at Dowoon who was innocently slurping on noodles. "Yesterday was the first time I've seen you in a while, how is everything?"

Ah, Sungjin is caring, it's in his blood.

Dowoon looks genuinely confuzzled, "I'm fine, thank you," he smirked before putting an arm around my shoulders, "Hyung, how dare you neglect this talented human child—"

"I-I'm older than you..."

"Shut up, Hyung!" He whispered, "He has talked nonstop about how perfect Kyungmi-Ah and you are and yet says how little you speak with him when she's around. I'll treat him better though, no worries, he's in good hands."

I mean, he isn't entirely lying but I for sure never said that Sungjin never speaks with me, or I don't remember saying it. What does he mean he'll treat me better, he acts like he's my boyfriend.

Sungjin looks taken aback when hearing what Dowoon said, it was like he's in disbelief. "I have no doubts you'll treat him nicely, Wonpil, did you move on from me already? You must've been confused with your felling then, I'm glad you're able to find someone."

NO! Why would I date Woonie?! He's got it all wrong! Sungjinie! We don't like each other in that way!

Kyung-mi pulls on Sungjin's sleeve, she probably sensed the horrible tension around us, next thing you know, they disappeared.

"Wow, that was awkward. Yo, Brian, before I join this friend group of yours I need to know the tea 'cuz things seem tight here."

"Dowoon and Wonpil are spending as much time as possible together to make Sungjin jealous so Wonpil and him can make out or something."

"The heck! Damn, okay, I like where this is going."

Younghyun Hyung laughs at whatever Jaehyung Hyung said, Dowoon and I are honestly so confused right now.

What an annoying day so far...

I focused on trying to understand what was happening but I heard a chair moving against the floor. Dowoon is standing and his eyebrows are furrowed, he looked annoyed or maybe frustrated at something. He suddenly left the classroom and followed where Sungjin walked out.

Huh.

Woonie 🐶 POV

That Sungjin is up to something, I know he is. That paper couldn't have waited till class starts? He didn't have to come over to our class just for a paper. He brought his girlfriend too, was that even necessary? I manage to catch up to him in the hallway, he hears my footsteps and stops.

"Kyung-mi, I'll meet you inside."

I sighed, when the girl left. "Why did you come?"

Sungjin looked confused, "To give Younghyun a paper that he needed, is that not allowed?" He's being sarcastic, isn't he? Just great, what does Wonpil see in this guy?!

"I know what your up to, Hyung. He's going to be hurt, more than he is now."

"Knowing Wonpil, he isn't going to get rid of this crush he has on me. Is it not better to make him hate me? He won't have to be involved with me anymore, he'll be able to like other people." I know that his intentions are innocent but that's not the way to get it done. Does he not know how much his friend is hurting?

I feel terrible for Wonpil, having a crush on a guy like this. He should've known this would happen. "Hyung, there are better ways to do this, he's trying his best to get over you and with you coming in with a girlfriend doesn't help. Sure, he'll probably hate you eventually but this is Wonpil we're talking about. He doesn't hate so easily, especially if it's gonna be you."

"I'm glad he has someone like you around for him, but I'm afraid I can't ignore him like you want me to. Even if I want him to move on, there's something inside me that doesn't want to let go."

"So your letting your feelings get in the way of your friendship? It's not just Wonpil that's going to hurt, you have to think about Kyung-mi too."

Sungjin faced his back towards me, "She already knows, this relationship that we have, isn't going to last long."

That surprised me, are they working together or something? Do they both plan on breaking Wonpil's heart? Why...he doesn't deserve that at all.

"Keep my words in mind, Sungjin, Wonpil will move on and I will protect him from whatever your planning."

"Go ahead, it's not my business what you both do. Make out or whatever."

And then he left.

***
Lol
School sucks right now but that's okay
Go listen to Sungjin's Afraid audio it's lit

***LolSchool sucks right now but that's okayGo listen to Sungjin's Afraid audio it's lit

Flamingo gang