Finding Spitfire

The shadows danced on the floor as Caius's eyes adjusted to the dim lighting around him. His back ached and his chest burned as he reached for the unknown, trying to pull himself up from the ground. He felt the impact of a boot against his shoulder forcing him back down with a hard thud. There stood Johnathan, standing over him in a blurry haze.

"Now, now, my son. Don't make this any harder on yourself." He said, his normal, calculating tone now fully returned in his voice...

***

Lilly and Sabine waited in the barracks for Killian and Caius to get back from the dangerous task of searching for information.

"Is this the right thing to do?" Sabine looked up from her bed, over at Lilly before walking over and sitting beside her, looking down at her hands.

Lilly frowned a little in confusion, looking up from the book she was reading and placing a hand over her sisters.

"What do you mean Beanie?"

Sabine sighed, before looking in the direction of where Caius and Killian were off risking their safety, possibly risking their lives.

"I want to believe we are breaking out, taking them down, doing all of this for good, to make a difference but sometimes it seems that the harder we fight, the harder things get for us. I feel like we can't take the government down, take the little bitch down on our own. I need to know this isn't all for nothing. I need to know that I'm not walking into another nightmare."

Lilly pulled her sister into a hug, letting her sister lean on her shoulder, as a big sister should in her opinion. No matter how dark the world got, Lilly knew that her one job was to make sure that the only family she had left had a shoulder to lean on when they felt like the world was being placed on their own shoulders.

"What you need sweetie, is faith. Faith in that there is a long term plan that is bigger than you or me, bigger than our team, bigger than the entire world. Have faith in that and in us. Trust Caius. He knows what he's doing." Lilly reassured her. Sabine laughed, her spirits lifting a little.

The door suddenly burst open, and the girls both jumped. "Caius is gone!" Killian yelled.

"What?" Lilly jumped up from the bed, worry etched on her face.

"He..Caius...Johnathan, and then.. He took him and.. I was pushed... Caius pushed.. Under the desk... I tried to watch but..." Killian rambled, unable to form proper sentences.

Lilly placed a hand on his shoulder. "Killian, slow down, tell us what happened." She said gently, though her heart was racing. Killian took a breath and recounted the story as best he could.

Sabine looked to Lilly, her brow creasing in fear. "Do you think Johnathan knows?" She asked.

"I don't think so, Caius made sure he thought it was a personal mission." Killian said, his words strung together.

"Sabine," Lilly started. "You go find Alex and-"

Petra walked through the door and barely had time to greet the three before being practically dragged out the door by Lilly. "Caius, caught, lets go." She told them.

Petra's jaw dropped in horror at Lilly's words before steeling herself and taking off with Lilly, trying to ignore the swirling, suffocating fear building in her chest. Killian and Sabine ran beside them, Sabine turning a corner to go try and find Alex. Seeing the 'disciplinary centre' was empty, Lilly stopped outside of the door, trying to catch her breaths of utter fear for Caius.

Petra put an arm on her shoulder, pulling Lilly's face up so she could look her in the eyes.

"It will be okay Lilly. We'll find your little Spitfire."

Lilly nodded and looked to Killian who was almost beside himself with fear as well. They both took a minute to calm themselves for their Caius, and took off again, this time for the cells.