(ch. 4) uncertainty in the dark

"...P-Please... Help.." Blue sobbed out, baby-blue tears leaking down his cheekbones as he desperately held onto the older and taller skeleton.

Error was silent, observing Blue for a moment before sighing, pinching the bridge of his 'nose', "such a pain..." he'd mumble before turning his sharp gaze on Nightmare, who stiffened up under the gaze nervously.

"You." Error's glitchy-yet-tired tone sounded, a firm sound in it as he spoke, "Help the pipsqueak get his brother inside."

"O-Okay!-" Nightmare nervously said, cringing internally at the higher pitch his voice took. Nevertheless, the pale skeleton would move past Error and go to Blue, offering the other a shaken smile. "L-Lets get your brother inside, o-okay? What's his name?" Nightmare would force his voice to take a calmer tone as he continued with his sentence, shifting one of Pappy's arms over his shoulders as he helped Blue lift him.

"P-Papyrus, but I call h-him Pappy... oh the lazybones- i-if only he hadn't done such a reckless thing..." Blue said, frowning towards the end as he shook his head, navy-eye-lights filled with worry and sadness.

"Tell me more about your brother, what does he do in your AU..?" Nightmare asked, trying to distract Blue as the two carefully moved the larger skeleton inside the room.

As Blue would explain, Nightmare glanced over at Error, sensing the other using magic, only to see him setting up a string-like hammock. Curious, Nightmare would catch Error's gaze for a second before tilting his head slightly.

"Bring him here." Error would say after a moment, catching the attention of Blue.

"A-Alright, hang in there, brother-" Blue whispered as he and Nightmare moved Pappy to the hammock, carefully lifting the larger skeleton onto it, Error watching from the sidelines- arms crossed.

"Good, now I need you to take him to the other room, Nightmare." Error stated coolly, surprising the smaller skeleton.

"B-But-" Nightmare started, falling silent as Error's gaze grew harsh.

"Now." Error stated, voice holding a commanding tone.

"R-Right... come on, Blue.." Nightmare mumbled, leading the other upstairs to one of the spare rooms.

As the two left, Ink's gaze fell back onto Error, observing the glitch for a moment, causing him to speak up.

"You think I was too harsh, hm?" Error bluntly asked, a tired tone in his voice, Ink slowly nodding.

"I do, but.. you did the right thing." Ink explained further, eyeing the injured skeleton resting on the blue hammock in the middle of the room.

"That's a first, you agreeing with me." Error scoffed, bemusement in his voice before he turned his attention to the Papyrus, frowning a bit.

"We need Sci...or...someone who can heal..." Ink would murmur, wincing as he slowly sat up.

"Mm.." Error hummed, narrowing his gaze at the skeleton before shifting the tattered orange hoodie that the papyrus wore.

"Goop." Error muttered silently to himself.

"Dream, it seems." Ink noted, behind Error now, thus startling the glitch.

"GaH- don't sneak up on me like that you idiotic squid!-" Error hissed, glitches swarming the dark skeleton's vision.

Ink would chuckle slightly, tilting his head a bit, "Right, right, sorry, shall I open the portal?" Ink offered, amusement in his voice.

"Ghh- whatever, are you healed up enough for it?" Error grumbled, hiding the concern he felt as he gave Ink an annoyed look through the glitches.

Ink would nod, going over to the corner of the room and grabbing Broomie, his vials, and walking back to the glitch.

"It'd be better for me to go, there's no telling what would happen if Dream tried coming here without one of us here to stop him." Ink said, looking up at the glitchy skeleton.

Error would give a nod, turning away from the creator before speaking, "Don't forget what you're doing, idiot."

Ink hummed, opening the portal, stepping through.
"I won't."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo- A long time since a chapter, hm? Sorry, I haven't had the time nor the enthusiasm to continue this story, or any ideas- XD nevertheless, i'm happy to work on it again, and I hope you all enjoy reading this story chapter as much as I did writing it!

(funny thing, my writing style changed a lil too- so, that's gonna be fun! XD)

Expect more chapters over the course of the next few days, uwuwuwuwu

See you all in the next chapter!-