Seven

The Bakori house hold bustled with noise here and there,the children were playing around the house.It was the week of the wedding. Today's event is the Sa Lalle and it's taking place at the bride's house.

Amina and three of her cousins were gisting in her room together with Falmata when Zahra barged in.

"Adda Mina and Adda Khadija Mama is calling you." Zahra Informed. Khadija is Nana's elder sister. She stood up together with Khadija and left to Mama's room.

"Assalamu Alaikum,"They prayed and entered.

"Wa'alaikumu Salam,"The three people in the room answered. Mama was with Khadija's mother and Mami.

"Aren't you going to the bride's house for the Sa Lalle?"Anty Sadiya,their dad's younger sister and also Khadija's mother inquired.

"Anty Sadiya,what are we going to do there?it's the bride side that are doing it ai."Amina said,trying to make them see she doesn't want to go there, people will be full and she doesn't like many gathering.

"Ha'an,Is Habiba not your cousin also?you know very well she won't like it if you don't go."

"Mummy Dan Allah don't force us,I also don't want to go."Khadija said.

"Why don't you want to go?" Mama asked.

"Nothing,we prefer staying at home." Amina said.

"They prefer staying at home."Mami uttered for the first time.

"Ku kuka sani,you can go." Anty Sadiya uttered.

"Haba Anty na,don't get angry." Amina said as she hugged her Aunt.

"I'm not angry dear."Her aunt patted her head.

They left Mama's room and ambled to the kitchen to get some snacks for them.

"Sa'a bring six drinks from the fridge."Khadija ordered as they put some cupcakes,donuts,corn dogs and samosas in a plate. They put all of it
in a tray and left for the room. They entered and saw them gisting.

"Snack time ladies," Amina announced.

"Oh Thank you,I was just thinking of going to the kitchen to get something to eat." Yusra,her maternal cousin said.

"Who is Falmata speaking with?" Amina asked.

"I think it's Khalid." Husna,her other maternal cousin said.

"Why is Khalid always calling at the wrong time?let me reach them both a lesson."She uttered,moving to where Fal sat smiling. She collected the phone and pressed it on her ear.

"I love you babe."She heard her cousins voice.

"Of course you love her but this is our girl time."Amina warned.

"Sorry cousin,just wanted to hear her voice."

"You have heard it so bye for now."

"Okay then bye."She disconnected the call and turned to Falmata who rolled her eyes at her.

"I should be rolling my eyes not you miss,you are literally always on the call with Khalid."

"Sorry Hajia,ayi min afuwa;forgive me." Fal said as she held her ears.

"No problem."

They both joined the girls on the carpet,they ate and gisted till it was time for Asr prayer.

The next day,
1:30PM.
Walima.

Today's event is the Walima and Amina and her cousins were all dressed in beautiful Abayas.