21: Let's Get Baked

"Oh."

Midoriya stared at the eggshell that lay atop the mixture. He honestly didn't understand how people managed to perfectly crack eggs every single time.

Bakugou walked in the kitchen and peeked over his boyfriend's shoulder. "Brownies?" he asked, eyeing the mixture suspiciously since he had never seen Midoriya bake at all. Something fishy was going on. "You didn't add in anything illegal, did you?"

The green-haired male's butthurt expression was enough to prove the accusation false.

He resumed his activity, removing the shell, then turning on the beater and incorporating the fourth egg into the runny mixture that consisted one cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, a cup and a half of sugar, and half a cup of vegetable oil.

Bakugou's stomach growled at the scent. He wasn't very big on chocolate, but he couldn't deny how mouthwatering the smell was. The blonde watched Midoriya stir in two teaspoons of vanilla and baking powder before getting shooed away.

Midoriya grinned to himself as he added in half a teaspoon of salt. Even if Bakugou had misinterpreted his intentions, that wouldn't have stopped him from honing his baking skills. He wanted to be able to serve the blonde a homemade birthday cake for next year that was at least edible.

After thankfully diverting a mess the two cups of flour could've made, Midoriya covered the bowl in saran wrap, then tossed it into the freezer.

As the mixture chilled, Midoriya decided to do a little "chilling" of his own with Bakugou. He sat on the couch, tuning into the middle of a series that the blonde was watching. Midoriya didn't pick up much of the episode, except for the part where a little boy was infatuated with a mannequin. What can he say? His boyfriend had strange tastes in shows.

After 45 minutes, Midoriya took the bowl out of the freezer and rolled the dough into small balls, finishing them off with a coat of powdered sugar. It was a messy process, but he quickly found out how much easier it was when his palms and fingers were coated as well.

Drawn to the smell, Bakugou sat on a stool by the kitchen island, hovering over the finished ones while the second batch was in the 350°F oven for its 10-12 minutes of baking. It was only when the last batch was done that the blonde pointed out the white smears on Midoriya's face.

"You're really not smuggling illegal stuff, are you?" Bakugou teased, rubbing the icing sugar off his boyfriend's dorky face and licking it off his thumb. The blonde reached for a chocolate crinkle, taking it in one bite. "Wow. Look who's all grown up," he said, complimenting the baked goods.

"Yup. I'm a big kid now," Midoriya agreed, grinning as Bakugou gave him a playful [1] noogie on the head.

Word Count: 472
Published on Monday, August 17, 2020

[1] A noogie is a hard head rub with a knuckle, fist, or hand. (Google says it's apparently a North American slang).

A/N: In the old days, we grew up saying "boys couldn't give girls a noogie bc that was rude" (but if he did, he was probably teasing and had a crush on her ùwú).