Part Three

She stood just outside. Her breathing level. Her mind focused, devoid of anything other than the mission. She thumbed at the blade attached to her side, hissing a bit when it broke skin. No matter. Just a bit of blood.

****

"Убери их всех, Воробей." 'Take them all out, Sparrow."

"Не подведи меня, понял?" 'Don't fail me, understood?'

****

Don't fail. Oh no. She knew the consequences. Failure equaled pain. No, she was a good little soldier. Trained up right. Taught how to handle a gun at nine.

Could take a grown man down at twelve. They always underestimated her. A tiny thing, innocent looking. Wide green eyes. They'd fall under her spell.

And she'd kill them without batting a lash.

The Red Room had been her favorite. She'd excelled in less than a week. They were impressed and sent her off to the Black Widow program. She excelled there, too. A force to be reckoned with. It was almost too easy for her.

She was a master marksman. Dead shot. Clean between the eyes. Never thought twice. She never failed. That little Sparrow. The tiny bird. So sweet and innocent looking.

Her abilities helped. She could bring down buildings. Scared the hell out of nearly everyone. Including her parents. But they took care of that, didn't they? Paid off well for handing their eight year old daughter to the devil.

****

She tilted her head slightly as she entered, listening closely. Nothing. No footsteps. They were all asleep. Too easy. She'd kill them while they slept. Wouldn't be the first time.

"Security breach!," the voice came, loud, booming and she ducked around a corner, her pistol cocked and ready to go. "Security breach!"

God damn, she forgot to disable it. Oh well, she'd still win this round.

She heard running, bare feet on the slick floors. Whispering. They were preparing for it, trying to make a plan of attack. She grinned to herself. They had no idea.

But that voice? Something about it? Why did it strike her as familiar?

****

"Не отвлекайся," she muttered under her breath. 'Don't get distracted.'

"What are we dealing with?," a voice carried. "Hydra? Something worse?"

"Is there something worse than Hydra?"

That voice again.

He wasn't nervous. He was prepared.

"There's a lot worse than Hydra. Haven't you been paying attention?"

****

She caught something in her peripheral, just a glint of something flying in her direction. She caught the arrow in her hand and dropped it to the floor, her gaze trained on the man who sent it.

"It's Frankie," he muttered, laced with panic and shock.

Who in the hell was Frankie?

"What?!," that voice came again, fear and disbelief.

She strutted toward the man who sent the arrow and grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up. "Frankie?," he choked out, his eyes wide. "Sparrow? Honey? What did they do to you?"

Her eyes narrowed and she tilted her head, choking him out and dropped him. She stepped over him unceremoniously and hunted down her next target.

****

A red haired woman who was manipulating red beams of light.

Frankie looked at it curiously. Something almost fascinating about it. But she couldn't get distracted. Not now. A hand roughly pulled her back and she came face to face with a man carrying a shield.

"Goddammit, Chambers!," Sam snapped, ducking her punches. She was quick, precise. Dangerous. And focused, completely focused as she tossed him across the room.

His head hit the wall behind him and everything went black.

She gave him a long look. She'd be back to put him out of his misery.

****

A man and a woman flanked her next, and she easily overpowered the both of them, dropping them to the ground with a loud thud.

"Over here!," a voice called out. A kid? What in the hell was a kid doing there? He aimed something at her and she rolled, it missing her by less than an inch. He jumped down off the railing and she eyed him closely.

She really, really didn't want to have to kill a kid.

****

She felt an arm tighten around her waist and pulled her back against a broad chest. He was panting in her ear. His heart was hammering away. His breath was heavy and hot. And it stirred up something just beneath the surface for just an instant.

"Убьешь меня, Воробей?," he whispered. 'Gonna kill me, Sparrow?'

She blinked. He knew her. How in the hell did he know her.

She swallowed hard and turned her head, examining his face. His blue eyes boring into her green ones. His lips slightly parted as he breathed heavily. His jaw set, clearly anticipating the fight.

"Я бы отпустил, если бы я был тобой," she murmured. 'I'd let go if I were you.'

"Это правильно? Собираешься меня вытащить? Убей меня, птичка?," he whispered. 'Is that right? Gonna take me out? Kill me, little birdie?'

She hummed in agreement, easily pulling the metal appendage from her waist and twisting it back. She saw the surprise in his eyes, the pure shock. What did they do to her?

They engaged in a battle, a fierce fight for dominance, but she easily got the upper hand. She had him pinned to the floor, his hands above his head. "Ты не можешь победить меня." 'You can't beat me.'

He shook his head, his voice strained. "But he can."

The webs shot toward her, pulling her back, trapping her on her back. If looks could kill, Bucky would have dropped dead. "I'm sorry, baby," he whispered, almost broken. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." He nearly cried as his fist came down.

And it went black.