The Hunger Games vs Star Wars Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Darkbolt

"This is unacceptable!" Pre Vizsla hollered, hammering his fist of steel on the table.

"Sir, please, I'm just the messenger! I wasn't even stationed at that base!" the Imperial Officer

pleaded helplessly, sweat pouring from his brow.

Pre Vizsla, teeth gritted, and fist clenched, maintained his hard stare, the Officer's words doing

nothing to calm his fury.

"And Dr. Nuvo Vindi is confirmed dead?" Gar Saxon asked in disbelief.

"Y-Y-Yes." the Imperial Officer stammered, knowing what was coming.

"How?!" Tor Vizsla exclaimed in rage.

"I don't know sir!" the Officer replied. "All I received was the report from the Fifth Brother and

his order to deliver it to you!"

The tense silence that followed could've easily been cut with a knife.

"Dismissed, officer." Bo-Katan said, her calm voice nonetheless laden with menacing authority.

"Yes ma'am." the officer replied, and saluted. He turned on his heel and strode quickly from the

room. When the door hissed shut behind him, the silence momentarily resumed once again.

"Think we should play back the message?" Shae Vizsla asked, breaking the silence.

"Might as well." Boba Fett replied. "He might have other things he wants us to hear."

In response, Shae Vizsla activated the holoprojector on the table that the Imperial Officer had

left with them. They at first listened with angry stares, but their rage soon turned to shock as they heard the rest of the message.

"This is the Fifth Brother speaking! I am in my TIE Fighter fleeing Base 456, just a few

miles from District One! An elite strike team of the Jedi forces infiltrated the base, and it is now completely compromised! A Rebel battalion has now swooped down onto us, and they have taken us by surprise!" the Fifth Brother was explaining frantically. "What's more, Dr. Nuvo Vindi is dead! I found him in his lab, with a blaster shot would through his head! I don't know who the members of the elite team were, but I know they were led by Shadow Soldier, Mace Windu's apprentice! I encountered him in the bomb factory, and only barely managed to escape! Whoever receives this, alert as many of our forces as you can! Shadow Soldier is alive, and he is stronger than before!"

The message fizzled out, leaving them with looks of shock on their faces.

"But...but...the Siege of Malastare...!" Jango Fett stammered, completely dumbfounded.

"Somehow he managed to get lucky." Tor Vizsla growled.

"We can't let this surprise overwhelm us!" Pre Vizsla stated firmly, changing the mood. "We

need to send this message to as many of our leaders as we can!"

Acknowledging his words, Gar Saxon picked up the holoprojector, walked over to one of the

computer consoles and inserted it into one of the slots beneath the monitor. After just a couple minutes, the file was transferred and ready to be transmitted.

"Who should we send it to first?" Gar Saxon inquired with an eyebrow arched.

"First and foremost, President Snow, Darth Malgus, and Valkorian Vitiate." Tor Vizsla replied.