Chapter Fifteen

A/N: Sorry for the delay.

VOTE AND COMMENT

Riele's POV

I woke up from the couch the next day. I sat up, stretching but yelped as I did. Immediately, I covered my mouth with my hand as tears poured down from my eyes. I stood up, walking into the toilet.

Once safely inside, I uncovered my mouth but made sure I cried silently. I looked at my arms there were bruises all over them. I saw them yesterday while I was changing into the cloth Jace got for me but they seemed darker with purple rings around them.

I traced my fingers on the bruises lightly, wincing as I did. Jace surely had my arm in a strong and deathly grip. I sighed then stripped to get under the showerhead. Turning it on, water poured out from it and unto my body.

I closed my eyes, trying to forget about the pains that were coursing through my veins from my bruises. I opened my eyes then began to wash my body. In the process, different thoughts crossed my mind. 'Why does Jace hate me so much?' I thought as tears formed in my eyes again.

I looked down at my bruised arm 'Well I shouldn't have entered his room nor taken his clothes' I sighed. I grabbed the shampoo, squirted some on my hand and some slightly dripped on the floor. I poured the quantity on my hand on my hair and scrubbed.

Another thought passed my mind 'Ella' I shuddered. That name alone made my skin crawl but not that alone. I shook my head confused, the name Ella; different feelings exploded at me full force

I felt anger, fear, sadness, betrayal and one last thing... regret? Why would that name make me regret anything? I scrunched up my face in thought.

'Maybe...' I shook my head. 'No, I can't do that; Can I?' I turned the showerhead off, I was about to reach for the towel when I slipped. I hit my head on the floor and everything went black.

Jace's POV

The sound of someone screaming woke me up. I rubbed my eyes 'What the hell is wrong with that bitch?' I got up from my bed and went down the stairs but I came in sight with an empty living room. I looked around for her; I checked the kitchen: no one, dining room: no one, laundry room: no one, storage room: no one, balcony: no one.

I nervously ran my hand through my hair as I closed the balcony door. "Where is she?" I thought out loud. "Where have I not checked?" I asked myself pacing around in the living room. I looked around the room till my eyes landed on the toilet door.

I mentally facepalmed. 'I'm so stupid'. I walked towards the door and held the handle. I was about to open it when I reconsidered. 'She's a female and I can't enter. Plus I have a girlfriend'. I thought biting my lips in hesitation. But the shower was off meaning she was either done bathing or she's no there at all.

I knocked on the door, expecting an answer but I got none. I opened the door then looked around; no one. I kept on walking till I stumbled on a cold material. I looked down at what I stumbled on. "Ella" I gasped.

She was lying on the floor naked, a small pool of blood around her head. She looked lifeless. I got down placing my index finger below her nose, I could feel her still breathing. I got up, panicking about what to do.

A light bulb suddenly lit up in my head. "Shelby!" I ran upstairs full speed, grabbing my phone from where I left it to charge. I swiftly swiped through the lock screen, hurriedly tapping on the Phone app. I scrolled through the call log looking for 'Doc. Simmons'. Once I found it I clicked her name, calling her immediately.