Chapter Eighteen

I'm so sorry for the confusion earlier guys💋😊

I sat on my hospital bed playing with my fingers. I've been here for two days and I already feel better than before. The doctor who came to check up on me yesterday said I would get discharged today. Is it bad that I don't want to go? I mean who wouldn't, I get to sleep on a bed, even if it's uncomfortable but it's still better than sleeping on a couch.

I was interrupted from my train of thoughts as the door of my room opened and in came Doctor Bolton and behind him was Jace. My heart quicken by his presence. "Well Ella, you should be better now I'm hoping" He asked walking over to me examining my drips. "Yes, I feel way better. Thanks" I replied looking down at my hands placed on my laps. "Good. Now Mr. Norman here is ready to take you home as you should know you're being discharged today" he explained detaching the drips from me as I sighed in relief, I nodded.

"You're clothes are in the cabinet over there, change so you can go home" he explained pointing at a white coloured cabinet at the other side of the room. He headed out leaving only Jace and I in the room. He was busy on his phone not really acknowledging my presence. I walked over to the cabinet pulling out my clothes from it. I walked back to Jace "C-Could you please g-go out so I-I can change?" I stammered as I watched him walk out of the room.

I got dressed then headed out coming in sight with a bored looking Jace. "I'm ready" I called out to him. I watched as he ignored me heading his own way, I followed behind him as he clearly knew his way out.

We arrived at the reception, the lady behind the table was trying to flirt with Jace but he paid no attention to her. "Go out; I'll clear the bills" Jace instructed. I obliged, walking out of the hospital, finally able to breathe properly. A minute or two later, Jace came out "Let's go" he said walking down the street. We kept walking for about 10mintues or more till Jace's house came in sight.

We headed inside and the first thing I heard was "My clothes are upstairs in the laundry room, wash them. I'm having a meeting and I don't want any disturbance. Once I'm done I'll let you know so you can prepare dinner" he explained walking into the kitchen. 'I just came back from the hospital. How can someone be so wicked?'

I sighed defeated, 'Time to work'. I walked upstairs into the laundry room; my mouth fell open as I saw the amount of clothes I had to wash. Tears spilled my eyes as I struggled to put the clothes into the dryer after they've been washed. I hate my life, I hate it so much.

"ELLA!!!" someone yelled my name as I slept on the uncomfortable chair, my neck angled in an uncomfortable position. I rubbed my eyes trying to register what happened, when my name was called again "ELLA!!!" I jolted up from the chair I slept on, hurrying downstairs. I stood in front of Jace who had a disapproving look on his face. "What were you doing?" he asked aggressively "I slept off, I'm sorry" I explained looking down at my feet.

"Clean this room and then prepare dinner. I give you about 15mintues to get everything prepared" he said. "Yes" I nodded. He left the living room to his room as I got everywhere cleaned up then hurriedly made dinner for Jace. I don't know if he'll agree for me to eat so I decided to make his only. He came down all cleaned up in new clothes.

"I'm heading out" he said walking towards the door "B-But you told me to m-make d-dinner" I said tears filling up my eyes. He rolled his eyes "Doesn't matter" he argued walking out, slamming the door. I sighed, at least I can eat; I walked over to the kitchen, grabbed a plate and filled it up with macaroni and cheese I prepared.

I was done with my food; I washed up the plates and pots used. I looked at my work smiled proudly, everywhere was spotless. I went to take a shower being really careful this time. I wrapped myself in a towel then picking up black pajamas to wear. Once I was sure I'm ready for the night. I walked over to the living room's couch, laying my head on the arm rest. Sleep engulfed me instantly judging from how tired I was.