Chapter three

-Lyric's POV-

"No! You can't go home." Emma yells at me.

I've been at her house for about 3 hours staring at the wall. Unfortunately, I gave up on the lie of trying to sleep about 15 minutes after I got here. As hard as I tried I couldn't keep my eyes closed for more than 2 minutes while the rumble of my stomach signaling I was in need of food. I ate in the end because Emma threatened that if I didn't she would throw a coffee cup at me. Sure, I was a smart ass at first but once she started lining up cups on the counter I quickly scarfed down as much as I could.

Now we were in her room and I've been begging her to take me home. I love Emma, I do, but all I want to do is be alone. Today is not a day I want to spend with other people. Today was suppose to be mine and Justin's day, and as far as Im concerned, if I can't spend it with him then I can't spend it with anyone.

It's our anniversary. One whole year. One year of laughs. One year of smiles. One year of memories. One year gone, just like me. One year ago I had everything, I had happiness. I had my brother. It just goes to show that enjoy the happy times, they never last.

I am taken by surprise as a pillow launched at my head, causing me to fall backward off of the bed. The floor is not soft so my landing didn't fell that good.

"Wake up and let's go." Why is she so pissed today, I barely said two words to her.

I rise from my current position on the floor, glaring at her. I take in her appearance as we walk out to her car, trying to find clues as to where were going. Her purple hair hung in a high ponytail. The blue 5SOS shirt that my brother gave her and black sweats gave it all away. We were going to dance practice.

Yes, Emma dances and she's really great at it. I would sit and watch her twirl around in the kitchen when were younger, only for her to trip over her own two feet. Over the years she's gotten amazing, top dancer in her class, actually. She's always pushed herself, something I never did.

Not only can she dance she can also play five instruments, sing, write, cook...Emma can be superwoman if I could get her into wearing a damn pair of tights. There's only one thing she can't do. Talk to a guy.

Over and over I've given her guy advice, but she just doesn't take it. It's like trying to play with a fat cat, its just not happening. That's just how Emma's always been. I remember it took her three years after we meet for her to finally say a word to my brother. She would stutter and trip over air most of the time. Oh how I love my best friend.

After she slams on the breaks I came back to reality, while also hitting my head on the dashboard. My hands rush to my nose trying to see if I still have one, especially since it was just smashed into the dash board. I don't feel blood, unless I'm dead.

"DAMMIT EMMA!!!" I yell while holding my sore nose. Hopefully it's not broken.

"We'll wear your fucking seatbelt next time." Her yells at me with the same irritation in her voice.

She jumps out the car; obviously, more conceded about being late to her dance classes than whether or not I'll need surgery on my nose.

I finally get out when I see her making her way towards the double doors at the front entrance. Just because I said I love her doesn't mean I don't imagine strangling her. Right now Im planning on stopping by the store on my way home. I need to get rope, duct tap, and a blowtorch. Don't worry, just things that are needed around the house.

Inside I find Emma waiting for me at the sign-in counter.

"Is that 'song Lyric' I see?"

I cringe when I hear that annoying voice. I try to turn and take off down the hall but I'm to late when I feel Marcus tap my shoulder. Emma smirks at me because she knows I've been caught. I feel an arm pull me around only to come face to face with the annoying little shit.