I Tried (2 x 5 short)

2 was out scouting. The sky was bright, the sun was up high, 2 walked slowly, enjoying the scenery whilst tapping his walking stick on the ground when he walked.
The inventor let out a small soft sigh as he glanced from left to right. He hummed slightly, thinking to himself as he walked.

5 was getting worried about 2, he had left early morning and hadn't came back since. 5 pages up and down, pitting his bag on and picked up his crossbow as he walked down the stairs of the cathedral.
1 glanced over at 5 and raised his brow, "And where do you think you're going?"

5 flinched a bit and turned to 1, "going to find 2.."

1 huffs, "be back with him before dark."

5 nodded and walked out of the cathedral and began the search for 2. 5 looked around for the beast to see if it were anywhere around since ghe had heard the beasts growl earlier which is what he had woken up to.
5 quivered a bit as he continued to search.

2's legs started to tremble as he stopped for a break, sitting down and ribbing the side of his face. 2 looked around as he hugged himself. After he had rested his legs, 2 hoisted himself back up and resumed his scout.
5 carried on with trying to find 2, he had been searching for ages and his legs and feet were starting to act a from walking around so much.

After some time of both of them walking, 2, near by, could hear soft growls and groans. The old inventor flinched and scanned the area around him, scared. 2 looked around and grabbed a blade from the floor he had spotted. 2 backed away a bit as he could feel eyes watching him. 2 flinched as he turned his body in every direction. In a short time, someone had bumped into him. He gasped and turned around, seeing 5.

"5??.." 2 started to think he had imagined the growling.
"2!" 5 shouted in relief and happiness as he hugged 2 tightly. 2 hugged back and smiled a bit.
"What are you doing out here?" 2 asked.
"Looking for you." 5 cooed a bit.
2 chuckles and put a hand on 5's cheek, "dear boy, I'm fine.."
5 closes his eye and rested his head on the hand of 2's, nuzzling it a bit. 2 rested his head on 5's head.

2 and 5 grin at each other, 5's eye still closed. 2 pulled away from 5 as 5 opened his eye back up.

"I'm glad you're okay." Said 5.

2 smiled wide and was about to say something, till he was cut off by a faint growl. 5's eye shrunk as he looked around rapidly, along with 2. 2 pushed 5 into a near by can.
"Stay in here!" 2 whispered.
"But, 2-.." 5 begun.
"No buts, stay.." 2 then backed away from the can and gazed around the area as dark clouds covered the sun. 5 looked up at the sky, then back at 2 scared.

There was an eerie, uncomfortable, long time of silence and nothing had happen. 2 let out a sigh of relief as he was about to head back to 5, till he was swept off his feet and flew across the sky, landing on a pile of junk roughly.
2 groaned and weakly sat up, seeing a new machine.

5 watched in worry and horror, 2 hand signaling him to stay in the can as the machine roared at 2 loudly. 2 held the blade close as he shakily got up.

The beast grabbed 2 and squeezed him. 2 screamed in pain weakly as he was then thrown.

"2!!!" 5 cried and ran out to him. The beast looked back over at the two and growled loudly. 5 glanced up at the machine in fear, their eyes meeting.
2 weakly got up as the machine then grabbed 5 and looked him up and down, sensing his soul was younger and stronger.

2's eyes went wide at the sight of the machine having 5 in its grip. "No!" He cried.

5 grabbed his crossbow and shot the machine with an arrow. The beast roared in pain and threw 5 on the floor, pinning him down and slicing it's claws into 5's arms. 5 screamed in pain as 2 got up and threw a rock at it, making the machine focus it's attention to 2.