Loveline #5

❝ 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎. 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 '𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎' 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕;  𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕. ❞

"P'Arthit, let me do it," says Kongpob with a slight frown, leaning over to pluck the shirt out of Arthit's hand

The older man gives him a disapproving look and is about to open his mouth to argue when Kongpob adds, "These are mine. Plus, you're still recovering."

Arthit touches his forehead and looks over to the pile of clean laundry in the basket. He still feels a little feverish but not to the extent of not being able to do simple tasks like folding the clothes. For someone so used to working non-stop from morning till night, staying put makes him all restless.

"I insist," he says in the end. Kongpob, who has plopped down next to him on the carpet, gives him a worried look. "I'm fine. Let me help."

"You should go to bed, P'Arthit. It's already late. Why didn't you earlier?" asks the younger man curiously. He's thought that the father will sleep as well when he's putting Puimek to bed. It's almost eleven, after all.

"I just—" Arthit pairs two socks together before folding them into a small ball. He pauses to glance at Kongpob. That's weird. Why didn't he sleep alongside Puimek? He usually does.

He's drowsy because of the medication, but his gut feeling has told him that the younger man might need a company for the night, so he came out to check on him after making sure that his daughter is sound asleep.

It's their last night here so there might be some things that might need to be sorted out or handover.

It's my last night here, Arthit reminds himself with a heavy feeling in his chest. It's a pity. There are so many things that he'd like to learn about Kongpob. If only there's a proper way to get to know each other without—

"You okay, P'Arthit?" Kongpob's voice startled him out of his thoughts and Arthit looks up to see the younger man's face right next to his. His cheeks turn pink.

"Y-yeah."

"You didn't answer my question," says Kongpob with a wry smile, not used to being ignored by people. He's always in the centre of attention everywhere he goes, with those around him hanging onto every word he says.

Arthit is probably the only person to has constantly ignored him daily and truthfully, that's what makes him interested in the older man in the first place. He likes how Arthit treats him differently from the others.

"I just thought to finish up the laundry," mumbles the older man as he puts some distance between them. The corner of Kongpob's mouth twitches and he can't help but think how good looking the man in front of him is.