Loveline #1

❝ 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎. ❞

02/21 Update: This story now has its own hashtag on Twitter: #LovelineKAP

02/21 Update: This story now has its own hashtag on Twitter: #LovelineKAP. KAP stands for Kongpob-Arthit-Puimek btw ❤️

11/21 Update: Republishing cause a few lovely readers requested it. Apparently, some of you were reading it halfway? Sorry about that. Also, revised/spell-checked some parts... That's all :)  

"Ahh I almost forgot the laundry!" Arthit smacks his lips and rushes over to the balcony, gathering the sunned articles into his arms. He squints his eyes a little at the blaring sunlight and smiles happily, burying his nose into the fabrics. They smell like sunshine.

Stepping back into the house, he places the pile of clothes into a wooden basket before walking towards the dining table. "Chew properly," he says, ruffling soft locks on a tiny head. Said head bobs in understanding and small hands reach out to pick up another piece of toast on a white plate.

"Brush your teeth after you eat, okay?" Arthit takes a seat beside the tiny figure and starts shovelling some scrambled eggs into his mouth.

"Alright," replies a quiet voice. The man glances sideways at his daughter, Puimek, and grins at her attempt of trying to act more mature than she is even though she's just turned four last month.

"Why the long face, Puimek?" Arthit places his fork down. "If you're full, you don't have to finish it. Hurry up, or else you'll be late for daycare."

Puimek creases her eyebrows and glances up at her father guiltily. "Sorry, papa. I don't have an appetite today. Thanks for lunch..." she says softly, and Arthit felt his heart melt. He leans in to place a light kiss on the top of her head.

"It's fine. I'm sorry, too. I'm always so busy at work and can't play with you much," he murmurs, closing his eyes briefly. There's a small throb in his chest from being aware of how abandoned his one and only daughter must have felt due to his hectic schedule. "You must be lonely."

Pulling away, Puimek shakes her head immediately. "No! I'm alright. Really!" she says, her short arms flailing around. "Plus, I get to see mom this Saturday. You're always free on Sunday, so I just need to wait for four more days till then."

"You're such a good girl," smiles Arthit at the little girl that he's come to love with all his heart.

Puimek has always been very considerate of him. It's as if she understands how difficult it is for a single father like him to raise a young child like herself while trying his hardest to put food on their table. She has learned from two years ago that Arthit is both her father and mother at home now, and even though sometimes she does feel lonely, she has never complained or threw tantrums like what most kids will do.