Cole - Seven

7

Cole

I couldn't believe Dylan said yes to take on all of my bikes and truck. I was seriously shocked. I mean I still am, and it's been a few weeks, and now I'm at the courthouse. Well I just parked on the street and I'm about to go in to deal with my almost ex-wife. I couldn't wait to get this shit over with.

"Everything is going to go fine. I'll be right here eating my nuggets when you come back out." Dylan smiled at me from the passenger seat.

"Thank you for being here."

"Duh, remember photographic description of her face." She giggled.

"Got it." I squeezed her hand before getting out, taking one last sip of my energy drink and putting it back in the cup holder before shutting the door.

My lawyer was standing at the front doors of the court house and when he saw me, he broke out into a smile.

"How you doing Cole?"

"Ready to get this shit over with Tom, that's for sure." Tom was a few years older than I was, and a trip to be around. We've partied a few times together over the years.

"Well, it should be pretty simple. You're being overly reasonable by not fighting with anything she wants. Though I do need to ask, she states she wants the trucks and bikes, along with a buyout for the company? But it looks like you don't have any vehicles, and I'm confused by this buy out." A smile came across my face.

"I knew she was going to ask about them. Anything to try and throw me down further. So, I did something about it. As for the company, I legally don't own any part of it. She didn't sign a prenup or anything so my Dad didn't trust her. He was leaving my share in his will but that's about it."

"Got it, that makes sense, and the less I know about the vehicles, until after we get out of here the better. You don't own said truck or motorcycles anymore then?" I shook my head. "Great so then she's getting everything on the agreement. Easy. Now the only thing you aren't going to like is the custody. We can't go full 50/50 until we get through all of this plus support. I'm hoping that the judge we have today will just deal with all of it to get it complete. In a few weeks we can file a petition to modify and go for 50/50. Get your kids back to you first." I nodded understanding there was only so much he could do at one time. "Let's get in there, I haven't seen her or the lawyer yet." I followed him in, went through the metal detectors and into the elevators quietly riding up to where we had to be. "Have a seat I'll go check us in." I nodded again sitting down.

"Great." I rolled my eyes, I was uncomfortable enough sitting here in a button down, suit pants, and dress shoes. Hearing her voice just wasn't needed. "He's here Chandler." I didn't bother looking in their direction, instead just kept my eyes straight ahead to the wall. She ended up sitting across from me on the bench in her obnoxious red dress with matching too high heels. "Colson."

"Tia." She huffed and looked away. Tom came back and pointed towards one of the courtrooms and we went in and took a seat. Tia and her "lawyer" also known as her boyfriend Chandler, took a seat across from us. It wasn't a normal court room. It was more like a room you'd have a meeting in with a long table and a lot of chairs. The judge came in and sat down at the head of the table.

"Alright, Mr. Weaver?"

"Colson, please."

"Not a problem, Mrs. Weaver?"

"Dellarova." I rolled my eyes and tried not to grin at the sound of her maiden name, thank god.

"Right. Anyway, we're going to try and make this quick and painless. There will be no arguing in my room. If something needs said I will listen, but I will not tolerate pettiness." I nodded. I was ready. "Okay, lets settle this divorce first shall we. Mr. Weaver, sorry Colson, states that he is willing to give Mrs. Dellarova the house and everything in it besides his personal belongings, clothes, etc. The van that she drives, and will take over all debt accrued before the divorce papers were filed. Anything after the filing is Mrs. Dellarova's responsibility and I see all that as very fair. The joint accounts will be split, but single accounts stay with their respective owners." He looked over at Tia. "Do you have any issues with this?"