Chapter 04

Chapter 04

Edited by @anita2687

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

The busy night in the club with the stupid birthday party wasn't helping my busy mind as I was trying to find a backup boyfriend for the wedding.

The wedding is the day after tomorrow and Melody's classmate hasn't called yet. What was I thinking?! Of course, he didn't! We haven't even talked once and I expected him to go on a date with me to my cousin and ex-fiancé's wedding to help me satisfied my mother?!

It's pathetic!

I took my phone out of my pocket when it started buzzing but since I was super busy I just declined and put it back in my pocket when I saw an unknown number on the screen but I regretted it when I thought it might have been Tony.

"Hey, Angie. Can you take care of this area too? I have to make a quick call."

"Sure, go ahead."

I smiled at my colleague then went to the back alley's dead-end through the back exit before dialing the unknown number which was answered after the first ring.

"Hello, Miss Anderson."

So it wasn't a wrong number...

"Yeah? You called a few minutes ago. May I ask who I am talking to?"

"I'm Tony, Melody's classmate. She gave me your number, I hope it's ok that I called at this time of the day."

"Of course, it's fine. How are you?"

"Thanks. Melody told me about the wedding, but unfortunately... Well... I just called to tell you, uhm... unfortunately, I can't make it to the wedding."

What did you expect, stupid?

"Oh... well... Ok, then. Uhm..."

"I really am so sorry. I was about to call last night and say I would happily go with you but my mother called and said my sister had an accident, and I had to fly to Dallas right away."

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry Tony! Is she ok?"

Either he's lying to get rid of such a pathetic woman or he's telling the truth. Either way, it means I'm screwed...

With that, I wished for his sister to get better soon then hung up the phone with a sigh.

"Great! It's all on you, Melody! 'I'm sure he'll accept in a heartbeat.' I'm going to kill you!!"

I looked at the black screen for a few seconds then turned around to go back inside but I bumped into someone with a heavy smell of alcohol. Thinking it was some asshole from the party inside my heart started beating faster but sighed in relief and smiled again when I saw Andrew with arched eyebrows looking at me.

Drinking during work hours?!!

"Missy? Did you leave your shift for a personal call?"

Oh, shit...

"Uhhmm... It... It was just a minute. I was just going back."

"All of the "just a minutes" during your shift belong to me, Bunny. You know why?"

Bunny?!

"Because I'm paying for them."

"Uhmmm... "

I started walking backward with each slow step he took toward me until I found myself trapped between him and the corner of the brick wall.

"Now tell me my sweet bunny..." A wicked smile appeared on his face as he put his hands on the wall on each side of my shoulders and trapped me between the wall and his body.