Chapter 02

Chapter 02

Edited by @anita2687

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

⚠⚠⚠ Brutal Domestic violence...😨😨 Stop read after the then continue after sign if you think it might hurt your feelings. ⚠⚠⚠⚠

I put my hand on the back of my neck and tilted my head backward to get rid of the annoying pain on my neck.

Thinking of the last piece of creamy soft cheesecake calling for me from the refrigerator made me push the suitcase I was emptying on my new bed and went toward the kitchen when I saw melody taking something out of the oven.

"What did you make?"

"A Perfect Roast Beef. Did you finish unpacking?"

"Almost. Except for these!" I said and pointed toward a few of my boxes that I didn't unpack.

"Can I put some of these boxes in the storage room?" I said and went toward a few boxes by the front door.

"Sure! Let me give you the keys."

Sitting on the floor I started opening them to see if there was something I would like to use or not, then I pressed my lips and smiled when I saw my pillow-size fluffy stuffed bee in one of the boxes.

"Hi, Bee! How are you, buddy?"

"Here are the keys to the storage. What's this?" Melody handed me the keys and pointed at the bee as I was hugging it.

"Melody, meet Brandon the Bee. Brandon, this is my best friend Melody."

She chuckled and took it to look at it closer.

"It's so cute! Do I sense a story behind such an unusual name for a stuffed animal?!"

"Not the kind of story you're looking for! One of Jack's roommates and best friend gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago. His name was Brandon and he had such unique honey-colored eyes and he actually was a sweet person, so I used to call him Bee from time to time and he got me this.

It felt so comfy I started using it as a pillow but Jack had an allergy to the materials so I had to put it in the storage then I completely forgot about it."

"Hmmm... Where is he now?"

"I don't know! He wasn't himself anymore in the last couple of months then suddenly he left with a simple note that he had to go somewhere in Europe almost a year ago and sold his part of the house to Jack! We've never heard of him after that.

She looked between Brandon the bee and I then shrugged and patted the stuffed bee's head then gave it back to me.

"Well, I'm not allergic to anything so you can use Brandon the bee as a pillow again."

My smile turned into a frown when my phone started ringing with my mother's name on it.

"Hi, mom."

"Jack called..."

Of course, he did!

"What have you done, Missy?! How could you ruin our future like this?"

"I haven't done anything! He was the one who was cheating on me! With Stacy!"