Kabanata 4

Kabanata 4: The Start

Bloodlust.

I've seen it before in our history books. The Third Minister of War once told me that people with bloodlust are the most dangerous one. Because they were unknown, like they don't even exist. But this one I'm staring right now. He was the only one with bloodlust that I can see except for his people. He had a power to kill me in just one snap. I can't be wrong.

I'm not good with swords. I like using bow and arrow.

I raised both of my hands as a sign of surrender. It's no use to fight them specially when they're pointing their swords on me. It's just me versus 30 of them or something.

It's definitely a wrong move. Why did I follow him in the first place anyway?

"You're the daughter of King Magnus and yet you give up easily? why?" I can hear the sarcasm in his tone.

I avoid his gaze and looked in other way. King Magnus Destratin II was known as 'great Magnus' knight of lightning. I didn't even get a chance to meet my father because he died while saving our Empire, that's what my mother tell me. He was the greatest knight of Lunar Persualia. The one who stopped the chaos between the seven empires. Who sacrifice just to save his kingdom and family and have a normal life. My father was a hero. All of the people in Luna and other empires knows that. They all look up on him. They admire how good and smart he was when it comes to battles. But I still don't get the war that happened decades ago. That, now they still want to be the highest rank among all empires. Including the vampire clan. They all wanted to hide in the dark. What a fascinating history.

I looked down and refused to answer. Should I throttle his neck? how dare he talk to me like that?

"Put down your sword Ares." rinig kong pakiusap ng kasama niya. The guy named Ares lowered his sword and his people did the same.

Nagulat ako nang bigla niyang hatakin ang pareho kong kamay at pinagdikit para igapos sa lubid. I gave him cursory glance and let him be.

Pagnakawala lang talaga ako dito sa mga lubid na nilagay niya tatanggalan ko siya ng leeg.

"Stop glaring." mahinang usal niya. I rolled my eyes and look in other direction. Some of his men or something is weirdly glancing at me. But I'm too pissed to care.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice that's shouting my name nearby. Agad akong napalingon kung saan nanggaling yon ngunit mabilis na hinatak ako ni Ares palapit sakaniya dahilan upang magkadikit kami. Nilagay nito ang kaliwang kamay sa 'king bibig at ang kanang kamay ay hawak ang kaniyang espada na nakatapat na sa 'king leeg.

"You know very well if you shout or tell them where you are." he whispered on my ears.

Naglakad kami patungo sa isang liblib na lugar habang natakip parin ang kamay niya.

"Kassandra!"

It was my brother Keanus!

I groaned then looked at Ares angrily. He just smirked and placed the sword in my neck again.

"Find my sister, Esteban." narinig kong utos ng kapatid ko sa isang kawal.

Yumuko ito. "Yes, your highness." sinenyasan nito ang iba pa niyang kasama saka nagsilakad sila upang hanapin ako.

Muntikan na nilang mapuntahan ang aming direksyon ngunit iniba nito ang hakbang.

I bet they won't find me. And if one of them did, they'll be dead by now.

"Did you find her Theo?"

Heneral Theo shook his head. "Hindi pa, mahal na prinsipe. Pero kung narito siya malapit sa tahanan ng Phyrhan ay baka nalaman na agad ng mga ito at sinabi sa atin. Mabuti pa at sa palasyo nalang tayo maghanap, baka naroon narin ang prinsesa, naglilibot lang."