twenty-six

hot photo of jake sitting on his bed to the side (-:

hold onto ur seats and get ur popcorn out children this is gonna be a good one

// Tahli's POV //

Ecstasy had swallowed me—whole. Bliss had poured into every crevice of my being, and although this feeling seemed perpetual, I knew that this happiness would end just as much as melancholy eventually did.

When I had finally accepted that I would have to leave the comfort of my favorite person's arms, my eyes peeled open to find Jake staring at me. Soft crinkles were lined across his forehead, almost like he was doubtful of something, and I noticed that the muscles in his arms were tense. Even though I was wondering what he was thinking, I thought better than to ask of it.

Instead, I dared to say one of the first things I had ever silently questioned about him. "You do know it's rude to stare, right?"

It took him a while to register what I was saying, but when he did, his lips spread into a grin and the lines faded for the while. "Well, I guess I must be a rude person, because I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon."

Heat rushed to my cheeks at his statement, the temperature around me instantly rising. In my flushed moment, I felt rather sticky.

Detaching myself from Jake's hold, I sat to the side of the bed, allowing any cool air to graze my bare skin.

My bare skin. 

"Crap," I muttered, hastily grabbing a lonesome shirt strewn across the floor and pressing it to as much of my body as I could. 

Making sure it was covering me, I turned around to find Jake sitting by the side of the bed, chuckling at my hurried manner. "You do know I saw you naked less than ten minutes ago?"

It was extremely hard for me to believe, the thought of him seeing me in such an exposed state horrifying me. "Yes, well—" I started, working up an acceptable excuse. "You weren't exactly focused on that before." There was the heat again.

He opened his mouth to begin an objection, but he stopped himself with a sigh. "Whatever floats your goat."

"Isn't it—"

"Do you need to have a shower? You look rather ... sultry." He smirked, indicating that he didn't just mean hot and humid. There was my mocking boyfriend. 

About to snap at him something equally punning, what came out instead was, "Uh, if that's okay with you." 

"Great. I'm coming with you," he said, enthusiastically jumping up.

When he approached me, I put a hand to his warm chest. "No, you're not."

"But—"

Before he could say any more, I ran from his room, knowing if I stayed he would've won for sure. Keeping his large shirt close to my body, I used my memory to make my way into his bathroom, shutting the door with a slam and locking it.

Not long after, there was a loud knock against the door. "Is this how our relationship is going to end? By you running from me?"

"You better believe it!" I called. Even though we both knew I was joking, I heard him huff in annoyance as the sound of his retreating steps faded away.

Slightly relieved that I had some time to fix my physical and emotional state up, I draped his shirt across a rack and let the water from his shower drizzle down my body. Seeing the droplets accumulating around my feet, it provoked me to strangely ponder over what Jake would be like if he was a part of nature.