PRESENT DAY.

"It is rightly said that all's fair in love and war! I was in love with the soul,  not the face,  not the uniform. Only and only the soul...... that was trapped inside the uniformed body. Honestly,  I don't regret it. If i had to do it all over again,  i wouldn't change even a bit of it. " Avi said looking at the brightest star in the sky. 

In the darkness of the moonlit terrace,  Vaani kept staring at Avi in awe. All she could see in those moist eyes,  were sincerity,  dedication, love and sacrifice. "Will you marry me? " asked Vaani,  finally breaking the silence. " Huh? " Avi turned to her in surprise. "Yes or no? "Vaani asked without any sign of hesitation. "All of a sudden? I mean...umm...I wasn't really prepared for it!" Avi ended his sentence with a nervous giggle.  "Will you be able to accept me even after knowing that i can never forget Zara? " " I've already accepted you and your past Avi. I know... I can never take her place and I don't even want to nor will I ever try to. I just don't wanna regret my whole life for not grabbing this opportunity to propose you. A man like you deserves to be proposed first." Vaani looked around the terrace to find something to propose him with. She quickly brought a bougainvillea from the corner most plant on the terrace and pulled out a small scrunchie from her pocket to substitute a ring for the time being. "Come on,  get up." " What are you up to? " Avi looked at her all confused. " Come on,  come on come on,  just get up ya." Vaani pulled him up. Kneeling down,  Vaani offered the flower and her personalised ring to Avi,  " I'm deeply in love with you Flight Lieutenant Avi Kumar Singh. I'm sorry for proposing you in this hilarious way, but trust me,  even i was unprepared for this. I've realised that if not now,  then never. So,  regardless of this weird proposal,  will you marry me? "

This reminded Avi of what Zara had told him when he prposed to her in a similar weird way, " The simplest and unfiltered proposals are the best and the most romantic proposals." 

 He quickly replied with a smile, "Yes."

Author's Note :
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey peeps, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.  A few more are yet to come.  If you are a tragedy lover or a romance lover or tragic romance lover, you'll enjoy this book.

  If you are made to choose between two of your extremely favourite things, and you have no way out,  which one will you go for and which one will you sacrifice? This book is based on that and some huge decision which is yet to be taken by Avi.  To know more, keep reading

Thank You!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~