New Identity and Results

Dr. Harper POV

When I pull in at work at 6:30 AM, I immediately wonder about Shiva. She's just a kid after all, how's she coping with all this. How is her amnesia and her head wound. I should have Pinkerton question her and see how bad the damage is. He's better with the effects of amnesia than me. She's going to have a major headache, and be grumpy from being up all night long. I should probably check on her first, see how the wound is doing.

When I arrive, I see LB, Hitch, and Blacker are already in there, probably doing their best to keep the kid awake. If it's taking all 3 of them she's going to be REALLY grumpy!

On a closer inspection, I notice that the three adults are discussing something to themselves. They must be really wrapped up in the conversation since they don't notice me.

What I see next, makes me explode. Shiva is ASLEEP! Asleep! Those idiots!

"What the heck were y'all idiots thinking?! Letting her fall asleep! Do you realize what could have happened?! She could be in a coma right now because you let her fall asleep. That's the last thing you're supposed to do when someone gets a concussion." I paused to take a breath, and who knew what I would have said next, if Shiva hadn't interrupted me.

"Your yelling could wake the dead. A football stadium is only 90 decibels. Your yelling bird lines 115." Shiva says, with a sleepy and irritated tone.

Thank goodness she isn't in a coma. I swear I will never understand what goes on in their heads. How could anyone think that letting her sleep is a good idea?!

Who knows what else has happened to her. I need to examine the wounds immediately. I don't need any of the others in here to bundle this up either.

"All of you out. I need to do a medical examination on Shiva and make sure she's alright."

Something in my tone must make them think that they shouldn't argue, since they turn and hurry out of the room.

"Look, I'm fine and don't need an examination. I'm fine, if needed I could run a mile in 8 par." Shiva says, trying to weasel her way out of an examination. I don't believe it, she's worse than LB!

"You are NOT fine, you have amnesia, and you had a head injury. I'm going to check it out NOW and then I'm going to have you talk to Pinkerton to see how bad the amnesia is."

Before she can say another word, I stalk over to her bedside, muttering about how stupid all three of them are along the way.

I reach the bedside, and start checking the gash on the back of her head, scolding her about how you shouldn't be stubborn and get examinations immediately.

When I'm all done, I wrap the wound, get her out if bed ( you wouldn't believe how hard it is to make a child let of go the pillow, especially at 6:45), and get her down to Pinkerton's office.

As I'm about to leave the office, with Shiva in his hands, I call over my shoulder "Good luck. You'll need it."

Shiva POV

When I wake up, the sight in front of me makes me groan. Loudly.

What I see in front of me is a VERY unhappy Dr. Harper, yelling at LB, Hitch, and Blacker.

"Do you realize what could have happened?! She could be in a coma right now because you let her fall asleep. That's the last thing you're supposed to do when someone gets a concussion!"

"Your yelling could also wake the dead. A football stadium is only 90 decibels. Your yelling borderlines 115." I say, before the rant can go on any further, and gives me a headache.