We (r) out of friends

Third Person POV:

Two pairs of feet were on the sidewalk, a few feet away from Macy's house. The sun was a few miles away from shining through the windows of the silver and black modern home. The sun would shine the most through it since it was made out of the most expensive material. It's height and design like the advertisements you see on TV. The irony of this is if the family was home it would give a completely different atmosphere. This is where the quote, “Don't judge a book by its cover, “comes into play. A gulp and lip quiver was the only movement Anika could manage. Her black eyes in awe at the house size. Magneta narrowed her brown ones towards her. “Anika.” She whispered from her chapped, peach lips. Anika was a shaking mess and made a gesture for her to be quiet, or they'll get caught. Magneta inhales and exhales. “Look, I know you're afraid, but we are helping someone we trust.” “Look at the size of this house. I bet the bedrooms are bigger than our kitchen and living room. Not to mention their security.” Magenta shakes her head. “Just because they're decently paid, doesn't mean they have security like everyone else.” “And how would you know?” “Instead of complaining about how much of a downer I could be, you'd know they just have a secret key and a way to unlock their door." "Let me guess. It's under the rug?" "No, that's too obvious." Magneta went over to a sprinkler installed a few feet from the kitchen window side. She gently dug around it to slowly remove the key hidden in one of the spaces. "Hm. Not going to lie, that's pretty clever." Magneta nods admittedly.

Magenta had the key in hand as Anika was looking around for any giveaways. She ignores her and opens the door, forcing Anika to follow by her wrist. "Ow! Watch it!" She yanks her hand back. "I didn't even pull that hard." Anika froze for a quick second. "Well, you know how sensitive I am compared to your strength." "Whatever drama queen." Anika slowly looks around the bottom part of the house carefully. "Wow." "Heh, remember how you, me, and Macy said we were going to save up for a house like this?" "Yeah, but it was going to be strictly Christian, so we could show that we can have different beliefs even as Koreans." Magneta gave her a look. "No, it was, so we could make funny YouTube videos if we were Christian." Anika looked sheepishly. "Oh yeah." "You've been feeling okay? You're acting a bit strange." Anika shakes her head. "It's nothing. Just not used to not being the first one at school." Magneta sighs. "As long as we're not late, no one's going to notice." Anita nods half confidently. "Tour's over. Let's head upstairs."

Magneta started thinking about when they had video chats, Macy is always in the closet. She was good at fooling Anika, but Magenta caught her. It was when she was in a vacant bedroom and someone yelled at her in the background, causing her to get off. When she came back to the chat they were very concerned. She was in the closet, but just told them her room was being remodeled. Magneta still questioned why she chose to be in the closet out of all places. Long story short, that's why she's always angry at Macy when they meet at school. She hasn't been taking anything that Macy says seriously, up until this mention. "Magneta?"Anika asked. "Hm?" "Why do you decide to help Macy when it's something of your interest?" This sudden question sparked up a new emotion for Magenta. "Do you feel sympathetic?"Anika asked. Magneta furrowed her lips out of thinking. "It's complicated between me and Macy, you know. We don't always see eye to eye at times." Anika shook her head. "That doesn't answer my question. Usually, when Macy asks for help regarding her, you question your way out of it. But when it comes to her out of the picture in a more dangerous situation, you seem to go along with it." Magneta could not believe what Anika was saying. Even her tone made it like she was a different person.

"You really think I have it out for Macy? We know how reckless she is when it comes to this whole investigating stuff. It never goes well, but she can never seem to know when to give up. It's our job to have her back when it comes to these things. Sure, we fuss sometimes and be at each other's throats but she is my best friend no matter what." Anika looks at her before nodding the whole thing off. Magneta mentally sighs in both relief and guilt. "Obviously, her room isn't down here. Let's go upstairs."Magneta said. Anika nods and follows her up the barely creaky stairs. Though they were curious about the size of the house and wanting to tour, they knew overstaying would lead to unnecessary consequences. The girls checked rooms opposite sides of the hallway to try to find Macy's. Magneta notices something poking out of the closet going parallel down the hall. She looks over at Anika who was still examining a room. Magneta opens the closet door as quietly as she could, turning on the light. She looks around in disbelief. "So she basically lives here..." Magneta took a quick look at Anika, who was about to give up on the current room. Magenta quickly grabbed the items they needed to make the decoy Macy, turned the light off, and closed the door. Anika sighs, heading over to Magneta. "Guessing you beat me to the room?" Magneta chuckles and opens the door left of the closet. The girls were greeted with a creak and freshly new scent. "Wow, never thought she'd be this organized."Anika said. Magneta chuckled. "She has talked about how chores and cleanliness is a big role in her house."Magenta explained. Anika nodded. "That is true. Well then, let's get started." Magneta spreads out the items and dumped more crafting items out of her blue duffle bag onto the unoccupied bed. Anika joins her after locking the door, organizing everything. "Anika?" "Hm?" "I'm sorry for interrupting you and Macy in the bathroom yesterday. It was none of my business and I completely took over you guy's moment." Anika thinks as she looks down. "You've been around the wrong crowd when not helping Macy. They're starting to make you turn on her and you need to make a change."

Magneta sighs and leans back on her calves. "It's not easy, you know. You being vice president of the student council and Macy being a target laughing stock and punching bag." Anika shakes her head. "You don't need any excuse. She's our friend. We treat her no differently and always make time for her. Just like now, you could be doing this on your own and come up with ideas to help Macy with her mission instead of doubting her and letting her do dangerous tasks." Magneta tilts her head. "How am I influencing her to do this? I never told her to run away from home or do whatever she is doing now. I even told her I didn't think what she was doing was safe and she needs to think about it. We are talking about a random female looking for clues for people that have been gone between 1-2 years." Anika stands up. "That doesn't matter! The fact is that Macy needs people to believe in her. Her parents don't because they despise K-pop with every bone in their body. The teachers don't like her or take her seriously for anything. They don't even give the students bullying her a decent punishment." Magneta really saw a new person in Anika. She was really starting to think like an adult and started to think back on when Macy was talked about and how Magenta only used her body language to show she was not okay with it. No one thought anything of it though. She was pulled out of her thoughts by Anika calling to her. "Um, Magneta?" She blinks and looks at her. "What now?" Anika rubs her arm. "I was just wondering when we were going to start. I don't want to be late for school." Magenta had a mental blank face. 'Is she screwing with me right now?' Magneta shakes her head with a soft grin and explains everything to Anika.

The optimistic Anika had left the atmosphere like a lit matchstick in the rain.