08: Don't Blame The Drunk Caller

evelyn.

my hands had gripped hard to the wheel, turning every corner, speeding. luckily, i wasn't pulled over.

i walk out of the car, finding grace with her arms crossing. "where the hell were you?", throwing her hands up in frustration, scolding me for being late. right before i could speak she cuts me off, "that was a rhetorical question! let's just go"

we walked around, passed through a couple shops with our arms linked. the things i do with grace is so random but i do enjoy them very much as long as it's with her.

"i want some bagels right now", she glances at me, mentally telling me to treat her. i roll my eyes, "no, i bought for you last time", i groan, smacking my palms onto the wooden bench we were sitting on.

"you know i have a budget", i gave her a stare that was enough for her to get convinced. "fine!" "i want coffee too", i stood up with a toothy grin, trying so hard not to show but it was helpless.

she pushes the door open, making the bell ring. "bagel and a", she drags her words, expecting me to add in. "just plain brown coffee please", i forced a smile, poking grace's shoulder afterwards. "hey, i'll go find us a seat", she nods as she continues to wait for our order.

i turn back to look for a place, only to be stopped. i took a step back for balance. my eyebrows quickly turned furrowed. i look up to a familiar figure with such beautiful features.

"harry", my face calms down once i've realized it wasn't a stranger. my lips part, giving out a helpless toothy grin once more, exposing my teeth. he didn't seem happy to see me but he wasn't disappointed as well. he looks down on me with his resting bitch face.

he runs his fingers through his soft, curly locks of hair to stop them from irritating his sight. i felt taken aback from those deep green eyes, not that i was new to it  but the fact that it could easily get someone so lost in them because of how mesmerizing they were. 

"who's this?", grace speaks above a whisper, dragging my conscious. "oh harry, this is grace. grace, harry", i go back and forth, introducing them. harry nods with still no expression presented. "grace from the party, right? last week?", he asks as he recalls the night. grace replies with a hum, "so you're the one who took aster home?", my cheeks were flushed, embarrased from grace's smug smile. "aster?", as harry says this, shivers went down my spine and i don't even know why. "it's my middle name", i felt abashed with just clarifying such a simple statement. 

"i didn't know you were going out with someone", grace looks at me as she wiggles her eyebrows, showing me her smirk that she knew i disliked. i roll my eyes at her as i hit her back, hard enough for her to grunt lowly. "so harry, what are you doing here?", not realizing until after i asked such a stupid question. "what else do i do in a cafe?", he looks both sideways, with a brow raised.

i hear grace laugh all muffled for she had her mouth covered. i look at her and roll my eyes. i let out a laugh out of embarrasment. thankfully, just in time, our order was ready and i hurried to grab our food and walk out of the conversation. i walk past harry, feeling his eyes watching me as i lay my head low, looking for a table and leaving him and grace. 

"would you like to join us?", grace offers as harry picks up his coffee which was already made so quickly. "not really", he says bluntly, "i was planning to head out home one i've-", grace being the shameless girl she is, she cuts him off and dragged him to our table. "come on, i want to know you a little better". my palm collides with my forehead as i see grace linking her arms to harry's, smirking at me. 

we sit around the round table near the window with the ocean view. knowing grace for about six years, she was about to create a conversation i would die to avoid. "so how'd you two meet? i don't recall aster telling me this story", she makes obvious statements that i would be embarrased of. "because i don't have to tell you everything", and for what feels like the hundredth time, i roll my eyes, looking out to the view beside me. "well, we met a cafe where she spilled her coffee on my limited edition shirt", he looks at me, emphasizing the limited edition part. 

hearing harry repeat this incident over and over again, i set my elbows on the table and sighed heavily. "look, i said sorry, okay? i already wrote you a poem", making hand movements as i talk. grace's smile went wider as she hears this, "you wrote him a poem?", her eyes widened a bit. "i only did it in return", i retorted, feeling my eyes roll back again. i feel like it's all i do with my eyes. "why'd you make her write a poem, harry?", grace rests her chin on her hand, facing harry and waits for him to reply.

harry lowers his head and rubbing the crook of his neck. "there's no reason at all", he hesitates to look up at us when he answers. "no, no, i know there's a reason. you just wouldn't want to share. come on, harry, this is a free space. you can share whatever embarrasing reason why you let evelyn write you a poem", grace states with a cocky tone in her sentences. 

as much as i wanted to know, i can see through harry's uncomfortable actions. "grace, don't push it", i gently scold her, turning to harry afterwards. "harry, it's fine if you don't want to", he looks at me as i sense a little bit of relief in his face. "come on, i wanna know", grace throws her arms in the air. "no, you don't force people to say certain things", harry watches us argue back and forth until he gives in and answers. "well, i make songs and right now, i'm having musician's block", making air quotes on the last words. "so you're like famous?", grace seems to find more questions for him to answer, prying more and more. 

"i got a few followers a little bit from around the world", he shakes his head, saying it as if it's nothing. i look at harry for understating after i looked him up and his instagram with 579K followers. "what the hell? i guess few means 579K now", i say sarcastically as i held up my phone, showing grace the shocking fact that i have been hanging out with someone famous. "we barely reached 200K on our personal accounts", grace complains. 

"you know aster also sings very well", she smirks at harry as he returns with a forced smile. "you sing?", harry asks me, showing a bit of a surprised expression. "grace talks such bullshit sometimes", i shake my head, denying. "she sang so beautifully back in high school. she used to join singing contests and such", i furrow my eyebrows at grace for exposing me. "i don't sing very well anymore", still denying the fact. "ah! let's go to a karaoke bar!"

this one's a long one so don't forget to vote<3