07: Comfortable Silence

harry.

i haven't had received a hug for awhile now. last night, evelyn hugged me, i'm not one to like hugs or even give and recieve them. i hiss when i do. when evelyn did, i didn't want to but my body just let me sink in. i wanted to get out but i couldn't move.

maybe i was at an emotional state, a reason why i gave in. i didn't realize until a tear landed on her shirt. i tried to stop crying but the more i told myself to stop, the more it keeps shedding.

i couldn't remember what happened after that. i stood up, rubbing my eyes, adjusting to the light shining through out my room. i walk down to the smell of oatmeal and coffee, walking closer to the dining table.

'after a rough night, i figured you wouldn't have the mood to fix yourself breakfast so i did it for you. enjoy! :)'

on a little sticky note, she wrote down beside the meal she prepared. i heard slight snoring somewhere around. i find evelyn on the couch, curling up to a ball, moderately shivering. i grabbed a blanket and threw it over her, but it slowly woke her up. her eyes flutter. once her eyes were fully open, she jumped up. "oh my gosh! i meant to leave after making you breakfast then i decided to rest for a bit but then i feel asleep. i'm sorry, i should leave", she starts to gather her things and tried to leave.

"i'm not gonna scold you for sleepin' on my couch", i laughed a little as i point at her, noticing the embarrasment in her face. "i'll make you breakfast", my hands fidget inside my pockets, walking towards the kitchen. i made the same thing she made me and sat down the table.

i couldn't really identify whether it was an awkward or comfortable silence we were having but it was alright for me atleast.

"hey, how are you feeling?", she looks up at me for a secind before focusing on eating. i shrugged my shoulders, "i think im good. well, still pissed but otherwise okay"

"you?", i ask as i shove a spoonful in my mouth, raising my eyebrows. "i'm doing fine honestly", she smiles. i don't get why she smiles a lot considering that her dad died. i mean i'd still be mourning now but it's different because she doesn't have an irritating father. she still smiles even after i throw her my cold comments and actions.

she gives me this feeling. it isn't hate nor love. she just gives out a different vibe unlike other people.

"harry? are you sure you're okay?", her voice echoes, slowly snapping me back from my thoughts. "yeah, just thinking about stuff", i shook my head. i got up from my seat, arranged the dish in front of me. "are you done?", she nods, giving me her dish and headed to the kitchen sink.

as i rinse the bowls and place them carefully on the rack, evelyn wipes it dry and return them to their original places. we talked about the most random things but most of them were conversation fillers. she sits on the kitchen counter, waiting for me to finish drying my hands.

evelyn looks down her watch as i watch her eyes widen, "oh shoot! i should go. i've got somewhere else to be", she jumps off the counter and sprints to the couch, grabbing her stuff. "bye harry, i'll talk to you soon!!", she shouts and walks out the door. i didn't bother to reply or walk her out the door, continue to look at the wall clock ticking. i sigh knowing that i've got nothing to do today.

i could possibly work on my music down the basement but nowadays, i keep having mind blocks when i do. im not the type to hang with friends when i'm bored because i honestly don't have much.

i decided to go to the cafe near the pier. i swung my keys in circle on my finger once i've had contact with it. i just went despite that i only changed my shirt this morning.

my fingers fidget inside the pockets of my sweatpants from last night as i walk to the cafe.

to be continued...

don't forget to vote<3