Welcome To Redwood

I stopped at the side of the road to look at the map. Just where is Redwood? I got out of my car and opened the map up over the bonnet of my car. I leaned over to look closer. I traced my finger over the map as a drop of rain fell onto the map.

"No, no, not now!"

I looked up to see the darkening sky. At the corner of my eye I saw something dark like a shadow or a bird maybe? I hurried back into the car as the rain started to pour down.

What was that I just saw? I looked out of the window again and saw it fly past me. It must be a bird? But something inside me, told me it wanted me to follow it. I started the engine and looked around to see if I could see whatever it was again.

"There it is."

I followed it slowly in the rain. My vision is poor in the rain but I had this deep down feeling I was going the way I needed. I then came across a sign.

"Welcome to Redwood."

I chuckled as I entered the small town out of nowhere. The sky then cleared as the sun came out. That was weird, the way it suddenly stopped like that.

I stopped the car outside of a small store, so I got out of my car and had a look around. This place was beautiful. The town was small and people were going about their own business.

I smiled as I stepped inside of the sweet little store. The store owner smiled at me as I grabbed a drink and a few things to take with me to the manor that I've still got to find. I smiled at him as I laid the things on the counter with money. He started to bag the things up then I spoke softly to him.

"Would you know a place called Rose manor?"

He stopped smiling and looked at me strangely.

"Young miss, as you are not from around here, I will give you some advice . Enjoy your stay... But stay away from Rose manor."

I smiled as I spoke to him again.

"What is wrong with Rose manor?"

He leaned closer as he spoke.

"Many centuries ago, something dark happened to that place and even today people have reported strange things still happening... No one will go near that place."

I looked at him and chuckled softly.

"You are messing with me sir?"

"No, young miss. I only wish I was."

I looked at him concerned but then I heard a voice spoke from behind me.

"I know where that place is... I will take you there if you desire?"  

I spun around to see a very handsome man staring back at me. He is gorgeous, His dark hair hung across his light grey eyes. I've never seen eyes like those before. He took my breath away.

He chuckled softly as I just stood there staring at him. He took my hand as he spoke. I could feel an instant connection with him. But I didn't know him. This was turning out to be a strange day. But I wanted to know more about him.

"Young miss? Are you okay?"

"Er.. Yes... Thank you... Erm, that would be a help.. Thank you."

He smiled as he took my bag of groceries I just bought and I followed him out of the store.  I was about to get in my car when he pulled on my hand.

"Leave the car. It's not far from here."

I put my keys back in my bag as I followed him up the street.