Set back

"This is stupid, why did I let them go!" You yelled at Scott, not meaning for it to be towards him.

"Let's go back to the headquarters." Scott calmed you down by patting your back.

"And what if they don't come back?" You turned to Scott, breathing heavily.

**

One by one, the teams that were sent pop up. You look around desperately to see all the recovered stones. Suddenly, you felt two presence next to you.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce questioned.

"You telling me this'll actually work?" Scott happily glees.

There's a pause as everyone starts to realise someone is missing.

"Clint, where's Nat?"

The silence from Clint tells them all they need to know. The mission was completed but at a dire cost. Sadness overtakes everyone. Bruce falls to his knees and pounds the floor in grief.

You all head down to the Lakeside, Tony, Steve, Thor, Clint, you and Bruce are mourning their fallen teammate and friend.

"Do we know if she had family?" You questioned in a light tone.

"Yeah. Us." Rodgers glanced down at the floor.

"What?" Thor shook his head, denying.

"I just asked him a question-" You mumbled, glancing up at Thor.

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?" Thor turned hostile, so stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

In a burst of anger, Bruce grabs a bench and hurls it clear across the lake. His anger spent, he turns to the others with a resigned look on his face.

"She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to." Bruce begged.

"We will." You nodded determined, this wasn't going to be all for nothing. You were not going to allow it to happen.