23

Le Update - Enjoy Xx
💙

I'm covered in blood.

It's coloured my clothes. It's dyed my hair. It's stained my skin. It's covered me from head to toe like a second skin.

Not all of it is mine, though a large portion of it probably is considering the puncture wound in my abdomen. It helps that what impaled me is still there but it doesn't help me not want to vomit knowing that it's the creature's severed leg.

My whole body has gone into shock, pumping the adrenaline through my veins so that I don't feel the full extent of the excruciating pain that I am currently in. I feel like death, almost craving it at this point because I've never felt this much pain before in my life.

I'm so tired, I want to go home.

I can feel the tears streaming down my cheeks, blurring the already limited vision of my eyes. I can see the walls in front of me, moving past slowly as my feet are dragged along the floor behind us.

I know there's glass in them, I can feel where they've splintered the skin and have imbedded themselves in the soles of my feet.

I'm so tired.

I hear a lock being turned and the groan of a door opening before I feel myself flying through the air. The wind blows my bloody hair out my face, though some strands remain stuck to the substance on my forehead and cheeks.

Before I hit the ground, a pair of hands catch me by the shoulders and I find myself being laid down carefully on my back.

"Your winnings." A voice speaks but I barely pay it any mind, too focused on waiting to hear the door slam shut behind me to confirm that the Pales have left.

The hands on my shoulders are removed and replaced with something a lot colder right after, my brows furrowing in confusion.

I find myself staring at a rocky ceiling, unable to differentiate it from anywhere else in the Coven. Not entirely sure where I am, I try to sit myself up but barely move an inch before I'm screaming out in pain once again.

I'm so tired.

I bite back a sob as I lift my head, wanting to get a better look at my wounds. My arms are littered with different cuts and bruises but the second I spot the creature's maroon leg, it becomes all I can think about.

I suddenly find myself becoming very aware of the pain in the side of my abdomen, feeling every nook and crevice of the exoskeleton of the creature's leg.

"Get it out of her!" An unfamiliar voice demands as I stare blankly up at the rocky ceiling.

"No! Don't touch that!" Someone protests, this voice I determine to belong to to a woman. Who are these people? Aren't I back with Alex and the others?

"She must've lost." A different voice says making my brows furrow in confusion.

But I won.. didn't I?

***2 hours earlier***

The monster's head is twitching from side to side in rhythm with the banging fists on the fence above us.

"Settle down." Kimon orders his men, their fists ceasing their movements but the creature before me continues to twitch and spasm as if they hadn't.

Within the pounding silence all I can hear is the sound of his rainbow heeled boots tapping against the flooring above us. Even the creature I'm about to face is silent.