33

🖤
☆ ☆ ☆

"You'll be careful, won't you?" Blue continues to worry. She's been panicking about this tournament all morning.

"Baby, please relax. When you're nervous it makes me nervous," I explain, feeling her nerves in the pit of my stomach and the sensation has me on edge.

"Why would you tell me that?" She turns to me with an appalled expression, her nerves clearly getting worse when the pit they've formed in my stomach gets stronger.

"Happy thoughts," I shrug, offering the only solution I can think of that doesn't involve burying myself between those beautiful legs of hers, "I'll see you in a bit, yeah?"

"Yeah.. promise me you won't die." She says one final time making me chuckle.

"I won't die, promise," I press a kiss to her forehead, leaving my lips to linger there a little longer than necessary before disappearing to go find my team.

The second she's not near me I begin to feel an ache in my chest. I don't know what it is about her lately but she's consumed my thoughts. I can't go more than a second without picturing her in my arms.

I swear I'm not normally this obsessive.

I've agreed to play a couple matches today but not many, I don't want to be in one of the positions that has to shift and then reveal to the Pack that I currently can't.

They may see that as a sign of weakened amongst their leadership which could result in panic. It's no secret that there have been rumours going round about what's happening along the borders.

Louis and I have been managing it as best we can, releasing all the information that they need to know to keep their minds at ease, though their fear is inevitable.

Not only could it cause panic but the few people who have considered challenging me before in the past, may consider this as a sign to challenge me officially.

I can't risk that.

I don't need to kill anyone in the Pack unnecessarily and all challenges against an Alpha or Luna are to the death. All it does it lead to that family holding a grudge against the Alpha when they win and it all goes to shit for no reason.

Besides, it would make Blue unnecessarily stressed. She's already got enough on her plate as it is, some pointless challenge isn't going to help.

"You made it," Louis grins once I arrive beside him and the rest of his chosen team.

I don't reply, just nod at him as I scan the wolves he chose to be on his team this year. Both him and Blue brought up the idea that she could play on his side last night, but I said no.

I have full faith in Blue and I didn't say no just to be a controlling asshole. This sport is very dangerous and very physical. Considering Blue is a human, she will be hurt a lot more than us and we already get hurt pretty badly.

If those balls can break my ribs when I get hit, I don't even want to imagine how badly they would injure her.

Not only that but she's never played before, doesn't know the rules or tactics and she can't shift. Yes, she could play one of the positions that doesn't require shifting but that doesn't negate the fact that she will get very badly hurt.

It's just not a good idea for her to get involved.

As I scan the team, I can't deny how strong they all are. Almost everyone on the team is one of the top Guards or Warriors. All except for..

"Louis," I grab his elbow and drag him away from the team talk that he's currently giving, "What the fuck is she doing here?"

"Who? Ella? I know she's young but she shows a lot of promise—"