Repercussions Arc 1: 03-02 The Horrifying Difference in Their Common Sense

A girl with fox ears entered into the campus with Shinichi and a fox in tow.

They walked through a hallway enclosed by giant walls made plainly with no decorations.

Of course, there were windows and doors, which led to the classrooms, but everything was plainly designed.

It was here that Shinichi realized what it was that he felt out of place while he was waiting by the entrance a while ago.

Hey, Hina. If I recall correctly, today should be Sunday, right?

Yep. Is something the matter?

As Myuhi skipped down the hallway, Shinichi continued.

All the while he stuck out like a sore thumb with his black uniform when they pushed through the crowd that was dressed in similarly designed uniforms.

Well, there sure are a lot of students.

Odd gazes struck at Shinichi, but he only ignored them as he asked Myuhi that question.

There were just too many students in school for what was supposedly a day off.

Huh? Oh, yeah, right Normal schools dont have classes on Sunday, do they?

Well, we have them here. Sunday Classes.

The unexpected culture shock made Shinichi smile wryly.

No matter how crammed or leisurely ones schedule was, Sunday always remained a day off.

Apparently, that bit of common sense wasnt so common here in this school.

And there you have it, Nakamura Shinichi.

You know, if you assume this place to be the same as your school back in Japan youre gonna have a hard time.

As Myuhi smiled at Shinichis wry smile, a person appeared before them.

The resounding voice did not belong to that of a child, but that of an adult, of a woman.

Ah, Teacher Fudone!

Its Frire Doneju, Ruona!

Ive told you many times not to call me by some weird nickname!

Dressed in an unfashionable grey jersey, that blooming young woman with white hair whom Myuhi called a teacher, crushed the blade of the sword in her hands as she thrust it into the ground in her anger.

That swords apparently Garestos version of the shinai, which teachers in-charge of the morals committee used to have.

With a real weapon in her hands and a horrifying pressure exuding out of her, the students in the hallway started to shake. The only ones unaffected were Myuhi and Shinichi.

Myuhi just laughed as usual as she sent a somewhat pitying gaze to Shinichi.

She felt as if shes finally found an accomplice.

The womans pair of golden eyes scowled at the two, confused, but the two didnt flinch.

Whether the girl knew or not aside, the boy was completely oblivious to his behavior.

Forget it.

Anyway, youre slow, Ruona. Because of you, theres no time left for explanations.

Nakamura, follow me. Ill give you a tour of the classrooms until my next class.

Ok Umm, do you mind if I ask you a question while were walking, Teacher Doneju?

Hmm, well this school really is different from normal after all.