Chapter 4: What?!

It was around 3 hours since I arrived, and I was getting anxious. Waiting for my dad was giving me major butterflies in my stomach.

Yeah, not great.

*knock knock*

There it was, out of meq nowhere. My eyes went as wide as pie plates.

"Awayqq Uhh... come in." I said in anticipation and nervousness. Time seemed to slow down. The door slowly opened, and I could hear every creak of its hinges.

When it was fully opened, it revealed a man in his forties. He had short blonde hair, and purple eyes, just like me.

"You know, I joined the knights mainly to find you. I had no idea I'd be this quick." I joked, feeling ecstatic.

"I heard about your fight in the exam, as well as you challenging Yami. I couldn't be more proud of the mage you've become." He said. "Now... give your old man a hug!" A tear fell down his face. I ran up and gave him the hug, tightly squeezing him.

"I missed you so much dad..." I said quietly.

"Me too son, me too."

After about a minute of hugging, we both sat down on my bed and started talking.

"So son, can I see your grimoire?" He asked with stars in his eyes.

"Uhh... yeah, here you go." I grabbed my grimoire from my dresser and handed it to him. He looked at it for a second then got super excited.

"Is this a 5 leaf grimoire?! What does it mean? What kind of spells can you do?! Can you..." He started firing off questions so quickly that I couldn't answer them at all. I could only stare as he geeked out at my grimoire.

'I guess this is what Vangeance was talking about... heh...'

"Oook, square one, I have no idea what a 5 leaf clover means. As for my spells, I can-"

*knock knock

'Huh? Who could that be? Is it Captain Vangeance? Maybe Yuno...?'

"Come in...?" I said, in a bit of confusion. When the door opened, it revealed an orange haired girl around my age wearing a Golden Dawn robe.

"H-hi, I'm Mimosa! I just wanted to stop by and meet you, cause I'm a rookie as well!" She said, sounding nervous. She then looked at my dad and went wide eyed.

"Oh! Hello your majesty!" She said while bowing.

"Hello Mimosa!" My father replied.

I walked over to her, putting out my hand.

"I'm Elias. It's nice to meet you! Wait..." I turned around, looking at my dad, realizing something.

"Uh... dad? Why'd she call you 'your majesty?'" I asked, getting more confused.

"W-wait! The wizard king is your dad?!" Mimosa asked, shocked.

I was more than shocked.

"What?!" Was the last thing I said before fainting, falling unconscious on the floor.

...

'Where am I...?' I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I could tell that we were in the headquarters still, but it wasn't my room. I turned over to see the girl named Mimosa healing me, with my father next to her, watching.

"Hey... that was fun..." I said, joking.

"O-oh! Y-you're up!" Mimosa said in surprise.

"Yeah... where am I?" When I asked this, she got super flustered.

"I u-uh, when y-you fell, y-you hit your h-head pretty h-hard, so I b-brought you h-here to make s-sure you were ok..."

"Really? Thanks Mimosa!" I smiled. "Wait... I fainted for a reason... oh right..." I look to my dad. "You're the wizard king!"

"Heheh, yeah..." He replied, scratching his head in embarrassment.

This was so freaking wack.

"Dad, will you be able to help me with magic?"

My dad suddenly got a super happy look in his eyes. Then he shot his arms up in achievement.

"YES!"

I heard Mimosa giggling at his actions. I could only help but agree with Vangeance. He was pretty interesting, and I definitely was surprised. It was a nice surprise too.

"YOUR MAJESTY!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!! YOU HAVE WORK TO DO!!!" A blue haired guy in a cloud said, which just popped up out of nowhere.

"Oh Marx! You didn't hear?" My dad replied.

"Hear? Hear what?"

"Marx, meet my son!" He pointed to me.

The man named Marx gawked when he saw me. If I had to guess, he was probably my dad's advisor, so he must've known who I was.

"Hey..." I waved in awkwardness.

"Forgive me! I wasn't aware! I'm so happy for you Your Majesty! I shall let everyone know at once!" And he poofed away.

"Wait what?!! Let everyone know?!" I asked in a bit of surprise and panic.

"Well, it's getting late, so I suppose that's my cue. I love you Elias. I'll go stop him for you, haha." My dad said, and disappeared.

"Ok, well, I should probably be getting to bed, Mimosa. We'll be starting missions tomorrow I think. Thanks a ton for healing me!" I said to my squadmate.

"I uh... it was nothing! I promise! I'm just helping a fellow squadmate!" She quickly replied.

"Heheh, alright Mimosa. But I still appreciate it! See you tomorrow?"

"Y-yeah! Definitely!"

I waved goodbye and walked back to my room.

'She'll be fun to work with, and I'll get to work with Yuno too! This should be really fun!' I thought to myself. Honestly, I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do. I found my parents, so I didn't really have much of a reason to be a magic knight. After about 2 minutes of 'deep' thought, I decided I'd stay and enjoy myself. What else am I gonna do?