Chapter 3

'I don't think they'd understand it.'

▹▹▹

Summer was flying by, July had soon gone and August was well underway. Harry hadn't admitted that anything; but Cassandra was clinging onto the part where he hadn't denied anything either.

She had learnt all about his relatives; the Dursley's where the only family Harry had - they treat him more like a slave than a relative. As for the Williams household; they had greeted him brightly into their house. Cassandra tried to ignore the fact that her family seemed more relieved she had stopped her 'nonsense' about the witches and wizards.

She had just walked to Harry's one night, after walking around Little Whinging alone for a few hours. Harry had being quiet recently; like something had happened but he refused to tell her what, this left her more suspicious than ever.

Her doc marten boots clicked against the tarmac pathway, as she walked down the street of privet drive, her brows furrowed as she saw a glowing blue light shining out of one of the windows of the Dursley's house.

She had never been in Harry's house he said it was better that way - meaning she wouldn't have to deal with their judgemental glares, or Dudley's (Harry's very over-weight cousin) incessant torture and bullying.

However, the blinding light got her curious, and she found herself approaching the front door - which had being left open. She pushed it further open - cringing as it creaked tauntingly. Before slowly entering the house.

She walked forward slowly, the bottom of her boots ringing as they hit the wooden floor. Trailing her hands against the peculiar cream wallpaper, she scoffed as she saw a gallery of photos of what she assumed to be Dudley.

Her head snapped up at the sound of thudding on the stairs, and she found herself yanking open the cupboard under the stairs and hiding inside.

They was a loud clunking above her as several people began descending down the stairs, the dust from the wood above her falling down onto her brown hair. They was a dull talking - and then as she saw the wiry hair of a hobbling man - everything went quiet as he held out his arm before him, "someone is here." He muttered lowly, so low she could only just hear his deep voice over her thumping heart.

He then proceeded to ruffle through his brown coat, pulling out a seemingly long stick, he waved it muttering a strange word under his voice, "Homenum Revelio."

Cassandra gasped, feeling her weight be lifted off her feet, as the door to the cupboard opened wide. Her body floated forward and landed before strange man that stood before a group of people, he had one brown eye - whilst the other was an electric blue that swirled around in different directions, Cassandra shuddered as she landed on her feet.

The man pointed the wand back at her face, "Who are you, how did you know about this location?"

Cassandra looked around confused, "what do you me-"

"- I said state your name -"

"It's okay." A familiar voice cut in as he walked forward, Cassandra felt her body calm as he chocolate brown eyes met the confused green of her friend, "that's Cassandra Williams - She's a muggle; She's my friend."

The man raised a badly scarred eyebrow as he looked at that girl, "a muggle, eh?"

Cassandras mouth opened in confusion, 'muggle' she strangely recognised that word, "Lupin, Tonks; you take care of the muggle - then come back to Headquarters," The strange man glared at the girl, watching her cautiously, even his false eye had focused on her now, "I remember Arthur telling me about a girl like her - I reckon he'll deal with her -"