Chapter IV

Dedicated to killer_clara for being the first to comment.

Also! Just so you all know, the "Sweet nightmares~!" came from her. She kinda got pissed that I used it.... so yeah. Credit goes to her >~<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third POV 

It has been three weeks since the last news report of killings in the area. However, for Scarlet, it was far from "over and done with." The strange dreams had been getting more frequent, with the occasional addition of mister tall, dark, and faceless to haunt them. Of course, this was causing the red haired teen to lose a lot of sleep. Her friends, Jonas especially, began to worry for her health. With each passing day, the dark circles under her eyes grew worse, and she certainly seemed exhausted.

"Scar, are you feeling okay?" Questioned a very worried Sam that day at lunch.

She nodded tiredly and gave a weak smile. "Yeah... I had another dream last night, that's all..."

"Maybe you should go to a doctor and get sleeping pills or something. These dreams are keeping you up and its not good for your health!" Sam exclaimed, the concern plain as day in his green orbs.

"Yeah Scar, we're really worried about you." Jonas added.

"And we can't be the Awesome Team in COD if you're too tired to kick ass!" This comment was made by Jacob.

She smiled again. "Thanks guys. I think I'll try to get some sleeping pills."

   Later that afternoon, Scarlet spoke to her mother about getting an appointment with a psychiatrist or a doctor. 

"Whatever for, honey? You aren't having mental problems are you?"

"N-no Mum. I've just been having these real bad dreams lately and I can't sleep. They keep me up all night. My friends and teachers are getting worried about my health."

"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier Scarlet?" Her mother asked gently, blue eyes filled with concern.

"....Because I didn't think that they were that bad." was the quiet reply.

Her mother sighed. "I'll see if I can get you in today."

Scarlet smiled. "Thanks Mum! I'm going to go work on my homework now!" And with that said, she turned and walked upstairs to her bedroom.

Scarlet's POV

    Someone shook my shoulder, bringing me out of my dazed state with a jolt. "Scarlet honey, we're here." I glanced sleepily out the window and saw a small red-brick building. "Where is 'here'?" I questioned.

"The doctor's office." Mum smiled slightly, though it seemed forced.

I nodded slowly and stepped out of the car. Suddenly, however, my brain decided that the ground needed a hug. There was a ringing in my ears as everything went black and I felt my legs give out beneath me. My eyes were open- I just couldn't see. Perhaps if I could think over the ringing, I'd be terrified that I've been struck blind. After a while (it felt like hours, though possibly was only a few minutes) I could feel someone pick me up... The darkness began to recede and I could see Mum's face. Her lips were moving; but I couldn't hear a single thing she was saying. The ringing got louder and louder... My head hurts.... dear god my heads hurts! Someone....someone is trying to-to split it in half.... Make it stop! Make it stop Mum! Make it go away... please make it go away....