Tears Always Fall

PROLOGUE

"when another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself and he's suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help"

-Thich Naht Hanh

As I layed on the ground, I wanted to die' to be dead. I was tired, tired of living, tired of existing.

I felt another jab of pain course through my body and I let out a cry, my body trembling and I could anticipate what would happen next.

"Look at how weak you are," Jarrod taunted, his voice low and dangerous and you could hear the hate he had for me in every word he said. "You'd think that being the daughter of the most feared warrior in the pack she'd learn a thing or two from her father," he said circling my lifeless body. "But no, you're a worthless bitch!" he sneered. "Just like your mother!" he yelled as he kicked my sides harder.My reaction was slow' a heard a loud crack from my body and the next think I knew. PAIN, unbearable, unlivable PAIN. My face was drenched in tears and I was beyond hurt, I was breaking.

I tried to get up, to fight back, I couldn't let him win just yet. Jarrod noticed my attempt to get up and laughed, his friends laughing with him.

"That's it Paige, you can do it!" Jarrod mocked as he brought himself to my eye level.

I tried to get up, I knew how pathetic I looked but I wouldn't give them that satisfaction.

I was on my knees when Jarrod smirked before he turned around, I thought he was leaving but my assumption was proved wrong when he gave a roundhouse kick right to my face nearly sending me into oblivion.

His friends and some of the pack members that were watching howled in laughter.

"Oh Paige dear where did you think you were going," he chuckled as my fingers tried to be the means of movement for my whole body.

"Dear, dear Paige" Jarrod said again as he kneeled down towards my body letting his fingers run through my dark silky hair. I cringed at his touch.

He motioned something towards one of his friend "Jake".

Jake came over and without warning he STOMPED his foot on all my five fingers crushing each and every bone" I yelled out in pain, crying harder then last. I could see fragments of my bones sticking out of my flesh but I willed myself to be strong.

Jarrod smirked again as he contined punching my face, each hit harder then the last.

I could feel my eyelids beginning to get heavy and everything around me was starting to become a blur. I could barely make out what anyone was saying and i knew at that moment, I was near my death.

I looked at the crowd that was gathered around and noticed a farmilar face in it. A look of disapproval, disappointment and disgust was evident on his aging features.

"Dad"

No physical pain could compare to the emotional one I was feeling now.

The man who was meant to protect me, keep me safe, the man who was meant to love me was standing watching the Alpha of his pack destroy and beat his daughter.

He began to walk away when Jarrod stopped him.

My dad hesitantly walked over to Jarrod.

The next two words that came out of Jarrods mouth were enough to wish I had never been born.

"Finish her"