Chapter 4: Departure

*Thirteen hours later*

     Light shined through Haseo's eyes causing him to awaken from his slumber. Taking in his surroundings, Haseo quickly realized where he was. A simple place that was known by an equally simple name, the Small House. Tatsu too was in the room; however, he was standing in front of a bookshelf glancing over the various books that filled it. It took a moment, but Haseo noticed Tatsu was no longer wearing his robe.

     "You're awake."

     Tatsu had turned to face Haseo who began to sit up somewhat slowly. Haseo's mind was still groggy as he ran his hand through his hair trying to collect his thoughts. After a deep exhale, he seemed to have to collect himself.

     "How long have I been asleep?"

     "Close to 13 hours. If Vanille weren't around, it would've been a lot longer. Anyway, I'm going to head outside now so you can get dressed. I'll fill you in when you come out."

     Tatsu casually left the building. Haseo noticed some clothes, a white shirt and black pants, folded up on the dresser and proceeded to put them on. With a light stretch and yawn he was done so he headed outside where Tatsu was waiting.

     "Are my friends okay?"

     "You mean Endo and Naomi right? They're helping with the restoration over in the First District."

      Haseo's pace noticeably quickened as he began to walk towards the First District. Tatsu saw this and followed suit. He did so partially because he wanted to keep talking and partly because he liked moving at this faster pace.

     "So, how long have you been able to use a keyblade?"

     "About 13 hours."

     "Really?! I assumed you must have been a keybearer for awhile based on how well you were able to fight with it."

      "Well when Endo, Naomi, and I were kids we used to bother this guy Leon every day until one day he decided to teach us how to fight. So I picked up a lot of skills from him and these two girls he knew, Aerith and Yuffie. Also, I've been helping protect Traverse Town from heartless attacks for the last five years."

     "That's right, I completely blanked on Leon and them living here nine years ago."

     "Wait, you know who I'm talking about?"

     "Yeah, they live on the same world I do. Also, they're Warriors of Light too, so I've run into them a few times."

     "You're from Radiant Gardens?"

     "Yeah, me and Vanille are from Radiant Gardens."

     "Then what are you doing in Traverse Town?"

     "Actually it's just a coincidence that we're here. Vanille's been searching for a friend of her's since she became a Warrior of Light a couple months ago. We had been too busy with back to back missions to come to Traverse Town, but we had just gotten a mission done pretty quickly so we came here to see if we could find any leads. When we arrived, we saw the flames and landed in the Second District. We then found your friend Endo and Vanille healed him as I went on ahead. And that's when we met."

     As Tatsu finished his sentence, the two entered the battle damaged First District. It appeared as though all the inhabitants of Traverse Town were there offering their aid in its restoration. Tatsu spotted Vanille in the gathering of people and proceeded to go towards her.