Retold Stories

Jade’s POV

I walked out into the warm summer sun, realising I wouldn’t need Louis’s jumper after all. I put it in my handbag and headed down the busy street. I would have much preferred to spend the day with Louis rather than my friends- I mean, I could see them another time- but I understood that he had a greater commitment to his work.  I met up with my friend Britney out front of Starbucks and together we took a seat inside. We caught up on each other’s lives, speaking about boys, school, university, work and life in general. I didn’t mention Louis however. It was far too complicated and I didn’t even know if she would believe me. I mean, how many girls do you know that are dating a worldwide celebrity? It was weird how I could be so involved in Louis and even the boys’ life yet no one knew about it. And then the realisation of the fact that I wasn’t that big of a part in Louis’s life hit me, and although I kept up a happy façade, I felt shattered. Of course Louis liked me, but it wasn’t that hard to like someone. I knew that when he went back home he’d think about me for a bit before too long his busy life would consume him and he’d be onto the next thing. He was constantly surrounded by beautiful, older models that would kill for a chance with Louis. And what would I matter? I was just a not-so-thin, young, busy and mediocre girl he met and had some fun with a few summer’s ago. And here I would be, finishing school, working at my local café, listening to his songs on the radio and constantly seeing him on the front of magazine covers and on the TV. Louis would find it so easy to forget me, but I could never escape Louis. Life is so unfair.  

Britney and I went shopping for a couple of hours after coffee but I got back to the hotel at least an hour before the boys were expected back. Our hotel room was already so messy with all our clothes and belongings flung everywhere that I decided to tidy up.  I folded Louis’s clothes into his suitcase neatly, but stopped when I saw a turquoise knitted jumper.

I had a quick shower and chucked on my clothes for tonight’s dinner. The boys would be expected back in twenty minutes, but our reservation was booked for soon after.

I chose to wear a baby pink skater dress with a sweet heart neck line and a heart cut out on the back. I then put on my baby blue stilettos that had silver spikes at the back- the perfect mix of girly and grunge. i pulled my hair into a tidy knot on the top of my head and a plain black elastic headband to keep any tendrils of hair from falling out.  I chucked on a bit of foundation, light blush, mascara and a pretty pink lipstick. I was just applying the last bits of my makeup when Louis walked through the door in a hurry.

“Hey babe, I’ll only be a minu-“

He stopped when he turned to look at me.

“You look beautiful.” He said.

I smiled. “Thank you.” 

The way he said it, and how earnest his eyes were, I couldn’t help but believe him. I felt special and my cheeks turned bright red.

“If you don’t hurry up and get changed we’ll be late Louis!” I said, distracting him.

“Right. What to wear, what to wear.”  He was spinning in circles, looking from the clean floor to the packed suitcase to the made bed.

“If it helps I put out some clothes for you. You don’t have to wear them or anything if you don’t like them I just thought you’d be in a hurry and was trying to help.” I said pointing to the pile of neatly folded clothes on the dresser. He walked over and picked up the white shirt, light denim jeans and turquoise jumper.

He smiled. “Thanks babe, you’re like the perfect housewife!” He joked.

But I didn’t find it funny. Call me stupid, but the idea of being Louis’s perfect housewife was so desirable. Like any other girl, I thought about my wedding day, my husband, my kids and my future. But now that I felt so strongly for him I say Louis at the altar, Louis supporting me through labour, Louis in my future. Man I needed to grow up.