Alone Time

Louis’s POV 

I had slept in. when I woke up the clock said half past eleven. I sat up and noticed no one was here.

Okay, that’s a bit weird…

There was two notes left on the little fold out table. They read:

Gone Surfing, we will be back later!

Liam, Zayn, Niall.  

It was written in Liam’s handwriting.  

The other was a letter from Harry:

Gone out for breakfast with the girls!

See ya later,

Haz x

Gone out with the girls, meaning Brooke and Jade?

Why wouldn’t he invite me?

A little pissy and feeling left out I went for a walk. I walked along the cliff side of river, heading nowhere in particular. I walked for over an hour until I reached the opening of the river and the sea. The water looked rough as it hit up against the rocks and sea water splashed up onto my face. I sat on the grass, taking in the view of the ocean. I was looking into the bass strait, one of the roughest seas in the world. The water was vicious, and it was obvious no one came here. Swimming in that water would be the death of you.  But I liked sitting up on this grass. The sun was beating down and I was alone. After all, we had gone on this holiday to get away from everything and spend some time alone with ourselves. I laid back on the long grass and closed my eyes, enjoying the hot Australian sun beaming down on me and the sound of waves crashing against rocks. I put in my iPod but turned the volume down so I could still here the waves over Ed Sheeran.

It wasn’t long before I drifted off into a comfortable sleep.

Jade’s POV

Where the fuck is Louis? We had gotten back from the main part of town at noon and now it was quarter to four. The other boys had gotten back from the beach at two and said they hadn’t seen Louis. He had left his phone in the tent and left no note. He was simply gone. The others were all worried too, but assured me he would turn up.

“Louis likes his time alone. He can go crazy if he is surrounded by people twenty-four seven. He just can’t cope and him disappearing for a couple of hours is normal.” Zayn had explained to me. I nodded but I was still concerned.

What if he was lost? What if he dying from heat stroke. When the time turned four o’clock I decided to go looking for him. I knew Louis like to beach so I thought that would be my best bet. I crossed the busy highway and made my way to the water. The beach was less busy then it would have been a couple of hours ago, so it would be easier for me to spot him. I walked alongside the shore for half an hour before I started to lose hope in finding him. I looked over to the edge of Barwon Heads, the opening of the river, and saw a young man sitting on the cliff side. I could have been anyone but I had a feeling it was him. Plus the physical description fit.   

I walked up the massive staircase to the cliffs and slowly made my way to the man sitting on the edge. As I got closer there was no doubt in my mind that it was Louis sitting in the grass. He wasn’t moving, but just staring out into the ocean. I didn’t say anything as I reached him, just sat down beside him.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” He said to me.

“It is.” I agreed, looking out at the ocean. I felt Louis’s hand close around mine. He leant my head on his shoulder and together we sat in silence, looking at the pure beauty in front of us.