Chapter 4

A strange man with brown eyes, black hair, and pale skin were staring at me in front of the old mirror, making me feel like a completely different person. Mr. D'Lup's carriage arrived a little earlier than expected. I was lucky that my father's clothes were made just as if they were meant for me. After a sigh, I went downstairs to meet Atto, a tall gray-haired man with a very relaxing look.

"Good afternoon," he said, opening the carriage door

It was a very short trip which made it hard for me to understand the need for a carriage until we arrived. Before us, several carriages stopped at the front of the mansion. All the guests looked very elegant which made me realize how out of place I would have looked arriving on foot. The facade of the house was very similar to my father's but a lot bigger, the living room looked more impressive. The huge glass windows were decorated with delicate blue curtains embroidered with the symbol of the city, in the center of the ceiling hung a huge glass chandelier that looked like a water fountain, which gave the music warmth and a very pleasant atmosphere. I was terrified not knowing how to behave in such a place with so many important and elegant people. Everyone seemed to know each other laughin their small groups as they chatted and drank. At Erena we enjoyed our parties singing and dancing in front of a big fire. There were no halls or etiquettes. It was a simpler life to which I may never be able to go back.

I discreetly moved around the edge of the room until I leaned in a corner from where I could appreciate the musicians playing instruments that I had never seen before. Some guests danced to the violins in the center of the room while others just ignored the music and kept chatting and laughing.

Kate was the first to approach, very happy and excited to introduce me to some of her guests who also seemed to know my father very well. My name had changed from Eleazar, to Elzar's son. His work at the temple madea very good impression on most of them since that was the only subject they all had in common about him. After my father's endless line of friends, we reached a group of young people.

"Excuse me John," Kate said, interrupting the boys who seemed to be having great fun in their conversation. This is Eleazar, Elzar's son. The tall, muscular young man with brown hair and brown eyes identical to his mother's, turned around with a lot of curiosity in his eyes. He squeezed my hand as he related how dear my father had been to him.

"Welcome to Agvar, you'll see you're going to love the city," he said cheerfully.

I thanked him without being able to leave my sight fixed in one place.

"Your first party?" He asked, grabbing two glasses from a passing waitress. For a new adventure and new friends. He said hitting my glass with his.

Our attention was caught at the entrance while a beautiful girl with black hair that covered her entire back and skin so pale that she seemed to have been born from heaven. Her steps harmonized a sweet melody that stopped time around me, there was nothing else, only her in the distance and my heart becoming her slave without even knowing it.

"Are you feeling well? John asked teasingly. I could feel the warmth of my cheeks as all my blood ran to them.

"Who is she?" John shifted his gaze to the girl and covered his mouth trying to hide his laughter.

"Her name is Kala, she is the daughter of one of the council representatives," he explained as I watched her walk with her father to where Juan was.

"What is the council?" I asked, taking my eyes off Kala.

"They are the leaders of the resistance and those who rule Agvar," he explained. John seemed to notice that my attention was diverted back to Kala and he suggested accompanying me to greet his father and meet Baruch who was Kala's father.