Chapter 6 - Desperate to talk

QOTD: did anyone of you ever felt desperate to talk to someone?

I never felt anything like that...

So who was the person?

Will be waiting for your answers....

It's funny how someone who was just a stranger an hour ago is now the person you can't stop thinking about.

Well, that's what happened to Manik and Nandini. After reaching the Malhotra mansion, Manik went to his room and lay on the bed, with only one name on his mind: Nandini.

The same was true for Nandini. After the Malhotras left, Nandini went to her room, sat on the swing in her balcony, and thought about only one person: Manik.

Both were very new to this feeling. They had never experienced anything like this before. How could they not stop thinking about each other?

Was it love? Nah, it wasn’t love yet, but it was definitely something beautiful that they both were experiencing.

Manik was lying on his bed when he remembered.

Manik: Oh sh*t... I don’t have her number. What the hell, Manik, you’re the biggest idiot. I mean, the girl you're going to marry, and you didn’t even get her number? Oh God, now we’ll only meet at the engagement two days from now. Until then, how will I talk to her? Think, Manik, think.

Suddenly, an idea came to his mind. He grabbed his phone and searched on Instagram for "Nandini Murthy." And there she was, but her profile was private, so he clicked the follow button and sent her a follow request.

He was thinking about how to get in touch with her when Fab 5 entered his room and saw him lost in thought.

Cabir went beside him and shouted loudly in his ear.

Cabir: Kya soch raha hai?

Startled by Cabir’s shout, Manik fell off the bed.

Manik: Jeez, Cabir! Are you crazy? Who shouts like that?

Cabir shrugged and sat comfortably on the bed.

Mukti: Waise, soch kya raha tha tu, Manik?

Manik: Kuch nahi, yaar, bas aise hi.

Aliya: C’mon, Manik, tell us what it is. Maybe we can help.

Dhruv nodded, and Manik sighed.

Manik: Woh... main Nandini ka number lena bhul gaya.

For a minute, there was silence. Then Cabir burst out laughing, followed by the rest of the group.

Manik huffed and got busy with his phone again.

Aliya: Okay, okay. No need to make such a sulky face. I have Nandini's number. I can give it to you if you want.

Manik's eyes lit up upon hearing this.

Everyone chuckled at his excitement.