𝐈𝐈. 𝐏𝐭.𝟏

𝐀 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

As the day's went by John ended up putting Milani in a k-8 school. It was long overdue anyways school started back in august but she had just turned 5 a few day's ago. She would've been in regular elementary but with Aaliyah gone some adjustments had to be made.

(A/N: Yall ain't even peep her mom left on her birthday did yall?)

With Milani going to the the k-8 school, he didn't have to worry about picking her up since that was the school Jo went to. Jo and Milani would walk home together since Jo was old enough and smart enough to get them home safely. When John was able to, he would have breakfast with them and drop them off to school. When he couldn't, they would walk to school with since it being down the street.

Because Milani started school 3 months late, she was behind. But because she was so intelligent, she caught up quickly. During the time she was catching up, she would be so caught up in her work she never asked about Aaliyah. When she did John and Jo would basically say the same thing just in two different ways.

"Daddy how long is mommy gonna be gone? She would ask. John would simply say "a long-time honey" and blow out a huge breath because he missed Aaliyah.

The same went with Jo, but with him she asked to talk to Aaliayh and when she asked Jo dialed her number. It rung for a long time and when Jo was about to hang up a voice said something.

"Hello?" Aaliyah's voice rang through the phone "Hi mommy, it's me Milani" she said cherrfully

There was a long pause and when the silence was broken, you won't believe was what said.

"Sorry, you have the wrong number." Aaliyah responded then abruptly hung up the phone. Noticing Milani's sad face he asked whats wrong.

"They said it was the wrong number, but it sounded like my mommy." she replied with a frown.

"Let me see" Jo said redialing the number, but to no avail he couldn't get through. The number had been disconnected. Catching the message Jo told Milani they would try tomorrow.

"Lani go watch some TV" he said getting ready to walk into their dad's room. "Okay" she said walking towards the living room. Making sure she was settled he walked into their dads room, knocking on the wall.

"Hey dad what's going on wit Aaliyah" he asked, there was silence for a minute before he blew out a breath. "She left us to "be free" John responded quoting Aaliyah. "Well is she coming back?" Jo responded. Shaking his head he said "No ion think so."

"Well it's not like she cares about us anymore." he said "What do you mean?" John responded "What I mean is, Milani tried to call her and when she called her Aaliyah said it was the wrong number" he responded

"Why would she do that, I mean she said she would call, why would she change her mind all of a sudden?" John said mostly talking to himself "Because maybe that was her plan this whole time, most of the time you were gone she was moping around the house. And acted all happy when you came home" he responded

"I don't know what happened but that is not the girl I married three years ago. I just, I just don't know anymore." "Thank you for thank you for telling me that son. I need some alone time, I need to think." John responded

"OK well you know where to find me if you want to talk. I know that im a kid but I understand a lot." Jo said "Thanks son" John responded "Its no problem dad, love you" Jo responded "Love you too kiddo" John said as Jo started for the living room.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Eventually the kids would start seeing less and less of John. They would only see him when they ate breakfast and he and when he sometimes dropped him off to school. Working at the post office warehouse, he started picking up overtime. Leaving Jo to take care of himself and Milani, cooking cleaning and getting her ready for bed was now his job.

Even though it wasn't a problem being that Aaliyah taught him how to do all these things. An 11 year old shouldn't be taking care of an adults responsibilities. And he was right.

Having these new responsibilities, he missed out on the things that were important to him like football. But Luckily there were team tryouts for the park by their house after school we. Because it was after school, if Jo made the team. Milani could play at the park with the other kids.

Because football tryouts would be from 5 to 8 Jo told John to pick Milani up from school. Because he didn't want her out there that late. John said he would do it but just to make sure that he didn't forget Jo always reminded him.

"I won't forget and I'll pick Milani up from school." he said

But that day came and right after school Josiah went straight to the park telling Milani that dad was going to pick her up but Milani sat there for 30 minutes which soon turned into a hour. And because all teachers and kids stayed in the neighborhood nobody stayed to make sure that all the kids were going home because they would all walk home.

Getting tired of waiting Milani started walking home by herself not knowing if not knowing if the way she was going was the right direction. She ended up going in circles and because she paid attention to her surroundings she noticed and went in a different direction.

But while going in that direction a white man in his mid-30's in a blue van approached her. "Hey little lady you lost he asked Milani start Cyrus pond and she said yes well if you come in the van I can give you some candy and we can find your house OK?"

━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢?

𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭'𝐬, 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬?

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚
𝟒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞?

I'd pick Pinterest because they have everything tiktoks, instagram, and twitter stuff so I'd be gucci. Also if I don't update again I got an announcement to make later

-𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐡𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐡 🌚